• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Awesome DC war art! Heath, Kirby and Evans

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a few really nice pieces for sale, just in time for the holidays! DC War art of this type does not appear that often, and these are great examples. All prices include insured shipping within North America, and sales are guaranteed. Paypal is preferred. Please post a takeit.gif

First up, a stunning G.I. Combat page by the master, Russ Heath. Haunted Tank pages by Heath are rare, and this is the only page from issue #141 to have surfaced. It exhibits all the things we love about Heath - incredible draftsmanship, strong contrasts, and great storytelling. This particular story is one of the classic Bronze Age DC war tales, and this is one of the most powerful pages from the story. $275

comic.jpg

Next, a rare page from George Evans. Evans was best know for his WW1 aviation art, particularly during the early 1950s when he drew many classic stories for EC comics. This is wonderful page from G.I. Comat #158, the last page from a story written by Archie Goodwin. It's an amazing page, and Evans tells the grim story with verve. One of the lines of copy has been cut and repasted, but this was done by Evan himself to accomodate an editorial change - so the page exists here as it was printed. $350

comic3.jpg

Finally, a classic page from Jack Kirby's incredible run on Our Fighting Forces. This is one of the most action-packed pages you'll find in the DC war pantheon. Gritty, and told with the kind of bold visuals Kirby is famous for. It's a prime example of Kirby on this title. Inking credit goes to Bruce Berry, but this is all Kirby. $500.

comic2.jpg

First up, a stunning G.I. Combat page by the master, Russ Heath. Haunted Tank pages by Heath are rare, and this is the only page from issue #141 to have surfaced. It exhibits all the things we love about Heath - incredible draftsmanship, strong contrasts, and great storytelling. This particular story is one of the classic Bronze Age DC war tales, and this is one of the most powerful pages from the story. $275

comic.jpg

hail.gif Wow! This is a stunning piece from a G.I. Combat classic!

yay.gifChris