• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

Nope..who knows how they will grade out. However, he says that he is finally going to do a proper inventory so he'll know what gems he still has left.

That's what I'd say also... hm

Jim

;)

Someone paid over 2k for that book :o

Pull yours out and add it to the for sale thread. :baiting:

lol

I have come to the realization that 100 page DC collectors are out of their tits :o

lol

I have come to the realization that 100 page DC collectors are out of their tits :o

Someone had a high snipe set early in the auction.

lol

Excellent post Nik. Way to criticize others.

Of course, your tastes are beyond reproach.

I don't think he meant that comment the way it is being received. hm

Then why not explain your perception.

My perception is that he is calling Arthur an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying too much for this book (that he has been searching for for 8 years).

Greggy does not even have a 9.4 of this book.

My perception is that he is calling Arthur an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying too much for this book (that he has been searching for for 8 years).

would've been tough to find a slabbed 9.4 eight years ago :insane:.

don't see why the price paid should be criticized until the next copy comes along and it sells for a drastically different amount- if that were even to happen.

would've been tough to find a slabbed 9.4 eight years ago :insane:.

don't see why the price paid should be criticized until the next copy comes along and it sells for a drastically different amount- if that were even to happen.

And it is tough to find a slabbed 9.4 today - only two copies exist, and this one is the only one that has been up for sale - EVER.

You're not a totally impartial observer here... hm

Let's put this issue in perspective shall we:

- A 100 pager...but not the 1st 100 pager.

- Adams Batman cover...but not the 1st Adams Bats cover or even a SH compilation cover (DC-6).

- It's a reprint comic...nothing original but the cover and a couple illustrations.

- HG copies are numerous but very few have graded as high as 9.4. That in itself doesn't necessitate 2K.

I'm happy for Joker...but I can't help but to think there are few people (count on one hand?) that would be willing to pay over 1K for the issue. And don't try to use the auction as proof otherwise. Some of those were thrill bids with no expectation by the bidders they were going to win...

This auction proved one thing and one thing only...someone has bragging rights to the highest graded copy of a moderately desirable issue in a competitive collecting genre that has one winner and numerous followers...

Jim

Edited by awe4one

You're not a totally impartial observer here... hm

Le's put this issue in perspective shall we:

- A 100 pager...but not the 1st 100 pager.

- Adams Batman cover...but not the 1st Adams Bats cover or even a SH compilation cover (DC-6).

- It's a reprint comic...nothing original but the cover and a couple illustrations.

- HG copies are numerous but very few have graded as high as 9.4. That in itself doesn't necessitate 2K.

I'm happy for Joker...but I can't help but to think there are few people (count on one hand?) that would be willing to pay over 1K for the issue. And don't try to use the auction as proof otherwise. Some of those were thrill bids with no expectation by the bidders they were going to win...

This auction proved one thing and one thing only...someone has bragging rights to the highest graded copy of a moderately desirable issue in a collecting genre that has one winner and numerous followers...

Jim

You're right. I would not pay half of that even though I would love to have it. But I am not going to talk about "losing your tits" for someone who wants it that badly.

The content of this book, the cover, and whatever else is in the eye of the beholder. To each his own. Not everyone has the same values for each thing.

Arthur got what he has really wanted for a very long time, and he is extremely happy, who are we to criticize? I am very very happy for him.

I think nik was just reacting more to the excitement surrounding the auction and the price paid for the book. I will go out on a limb and say his comment centered more around greggy and his penchant for 100 pages and really had little if anything to do with Arthur, IMHO.