• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I have two different CGC copies of the same book in my set?

6 posts in this topic

No, but you can create a second set for extras

Actually you can, 2 , 3 or more if you have the copies. But only one counts towards your total.

When you edit the set, it allows you to flick between them.

Flicking between them doesnt mean they are in the same set makepoint.gif You can only use one for a given set. If you have two books registered then you can use which copy you will like which is usually the higher graded.

No, but you can create a second set for extras

Actually you can, 2 , 3 or more if you have the copies. But only one counts towards your total.

When you edit the set, it allows you to flick between them.

Flicking between them doesnt mean they are in the same set makepoint.gif You can only use one for a given set. If you have two books registered then you can use which copy you will like which is usually the higher graded.

One of the more obvious tools that the registry can be applied for is keeping an on-line record of ALL your CGC books. Thus maintaining on record of your books serves purposes beyond simply your points total.

And if you have multiple copies of books in the same grade (which I do). It provides a third party verified record of your ownership of those books.

A little off the specific point but you're probably aware that you can have the same serialized book in two different sets, for example, you could have a Silver Surfer #1 in both the Silver Surfer set as well as the Marvel 1968 Series Starters set.

Now I have a question: how are point values determined in that case. I have an Iron Man #1 which totals roughly 3000 points in the Iron Man set and around 5000 in the Marvel 1968 Series Starter set. Not important but just curious.