• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB : Kid friendly books for charity

11 posts in this topic

I am looking for someone in the local NYC area ( dont want to pay a lot of shipping charges) who has child appropriate comics ( Archie, Richie Rich, etc. no violence) that would like to sell me a few long boxes worth ( the cheaper the better) so that I can bring them into the hematology/uncology clinic at Morgan Stanley's Childrens Hospital for the kids to read when they are receiving chemo.

I am looking for someone in the local NYC area ( dont want to pay a lot of shipping charges) who has child appropriate comics ( Archie, Richie Rich, etc. no violence) that would like to sell me a few long boxes worth ( the cheaper the better) so that I can bring them into the hematology/uncology clinic at Morgan Stanley's Childrens Hospital for the kids to read when they are receiving chemo.

That's a really great cause. Do they have to be "kid" comics, or can they be mainstream superhero from 80s/90s?

If the latter works as well, shoot me a PM and I'll pull some stuff. thumbsup2.gif

That's a really great cause. Do they have to be "kid" comics, or can they be mainstream superhero from 80s/90s?

If the latter works as well, shoot me a PM and I'll pull some stuff. thumbsup2.gif

The ages of the kids are from infants to 18 with the majority being in the 7-11 yrs old age group. I do not read moderns so my concern with superhero books is that there is too much violence in them for kids that is why I suggested kid friendly titles like Richie Rich, etc. I do not know if any of the books you are talking about would fit that criteria or not. I will have to rely on you to be the judge of that and I will skim a few when and if you send them. The one thing I do not want to do is have you send me books and then me not be able to use them and you feel like I have wasted your time. Maybe you could PM me a representative page from one of them and we could decide together?

Any comics I would donate would be VERY mainstream superhero fare...Batman, Spiderman, New Teen Titans, etc, all code-approved and all-ages DC & Marvel books, almost all from the 1980s. I'd be very comfortable giving them to kids.

(In other words, it's the kind of comics that most of us here grew up on. I guess I'll leave it up to you whether you think that's a good thing or not!) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any comics I would donate would be VERY mainstream superhero fare...Batman, Spiderman, New Teen Titans, etc, all code-approved and all-ages DC & Marvel books, almost all from the 1980s. I'd be very comfortable giving them to kids.

(In other words, it's the kind of comics that most of us here grew up on. I guess I'll leave it up to you whether you think that's a good thing or not!) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If thats the comics that most of the people on these boards grew up on, then I do not think I want to corrupt the minds of these courageous children poke2.gif

Seriously, If you would give them to your child/niece/nephew, thats good enough for me.

Bullet, why don't your check with NeatStuff. They have TONS of books meeting your description and I would hope they would donate a box or two of the worthless items that kids would still love.

I think that's really good advice. They are local and should easily be able to accomodate you. Brian is a board member too.

Kudos to Point Five for his donation. I only dropped off the books today and before I left the clinic, the kids were already reading them. thumbsup2.gif