• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obadiah for Sale?!!

71 posts in this topic

Nearly six months ago we get "Obadiah Oldbuck vs. Superman", raising the level of knowledge about this old book (and, raising the level of interest?), and now 'ole Obadiah is up on ebay?

Hmmm...look for a bunch of "pre-Robin Tecs!" to hit the market in about six months. foreheadslap.gif

Once every year or so I will put up for sale a big book....last year it was a high grade Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats that ended up bringing a new record price for that book, and it is now in the Geppi Museum ( Steve Geppi was the buyer ).

It is allright with you guys if I try to sell something once in a while, isn't it? I was not aware that I needed Boards approval to offer an item for sale in my Ebay Store.

Once every year or so I will put up for sale a big book....last year it was a high grade Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats that ended up bringing a new record price for that book, and it is now in the Geppi Museum ( Steve Geppi was the buyer ).

It is allright with you guys if I try to sell something once in a while, isn't it? I was not aware that I needed Boards approval to offer an item for sale in my Ebay Store.

Good luck with your sale Steve... thumbsup2.gif

I for one, hope you make a ton of money on it after what you had to endure on the boards a while back. I'm pulling for you. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity... why didn't you set it up as a reserve auction? That would at least let you guage the interest in the book? Set your reserve at the $48k and see if it makes it. It would probably still be beneficial to know if someone would pay $36k for the book even if they weren't ready to go to your reserve.

Just out of curiosity... why didn't you set it up as a reserve auction? That would at least let you guage the interest in the book? Set your reserve at the $48k and see if it makes it. It would probably still be beneficial to know if someone would pay $36k for the book even if they weren't ready to go to your reserve.

I'll tell you why... it 'taints' the book if the high bid isn't close to his cost as there's now a public record of a very low price.

Nearly six months ago we get "Obadiah Oldbuck vs. Superman", raising the level of knowledge about this old book (and, raising the level of interest?), and now 'ole Obadiah is up on ebay?

Hmmm...look for a bunch of "pre-Robin Tecs!" to hit the market in about six months. foreheadslap.gif

Congratulations on being 100% wrong. The CGC Boards is the LAST PLACE ON EARTH I would look to market a Victorian Age comic. I did not start this thread to promote my book, nor would I ....another member did.

You may not want to quit your day job........the whole "psychic" thing doesn't seem to be working out very well.

Congratulations on being 100% wrong. The CGC Boards is the LAST PLACE ON EARTH I would look to market a Victorian Age comic. I did not start this thread to promote my book, nor would I ....another member did.

You may not want to quit your day job........the whole "psychic" thing doesn't seem to be working out very well.

Still thinking about my comment, huh? No worries, I'm sure it's pure coincidence that you have multiple copies of this book, and in your now-infamous "Obadiah Oldbuck vs. Superman" thread tried to convince everyone how undervalued and important it is. It's Action 1 that's over-valued, not this book, right? 27_laughing.gif

ps. Good luck with your sale, but it appears you placed that book in the wrong section of ebay - try this category next time. thumbsup2.gif