• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League #28 CGC 9.4 ????

6 posts in this topic

Appears to be a production crease. CGC does not downgrade for that. gossip.gif

That's what several others also pointed out in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=gradeandresto&Number=213396

I was under the assumption that if the production crease were more like a thin fold (the type of production creases usually seen), that it was of no consequence to the overall grade.

This one appears to have quite a bit of width to it as well as length, more like a furrow than a fold, and it definitely flaked the color unlike what one comes to accept as a factory fold or print line.

Thank you for the link. I'm very surprised that a crease as dominating as this didn't reduce the grade to sub 9.2 rankings whether or not it was done in production, storage, or reading.

Dont Modern books gets points taken off for these kinds of production creases???

Could a 9.8 or 10.0 have this crease? If so, why take off for the other teeny manufacturing flaws??

If production creases/damage is okay, then all brand new books are 10.0s, arent they?

Dont Modern books gets points taken off for these kinds of production creases???

Could a 9.8 or 10.0 have this crease? If so, why take off for the other teeny manufacturing flaws??

If production creases/damage is okay, then all brand new books are 10.0s, arent they?

I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. I used to think translucency was the biggest defect they didn't deduct before, but after DrBanner demonstrated that the white microchamber paper CGC uses actually exaggerates translucency, not downgrading enough for production folds/furrows/ripples/etc seems like the biggest hole in their grading.

Not that I hold it against CGC tremendously...they're the trailblazers and therefore they're gonna be the ones with the arrows sticking out of their backs. I can't remember the Overstreet guidelines addressing how big a role this defect should play in grading.