• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your best fake pedigree story

8 posts in this topic

No prize to the winner. Post a false pedigree full of the pomp and cirumstance that usually surrounds pedigree finds. Its never just a collection of comics bagged and boraded in a basement somewhere, there's always a story and usually a good one. This way when you do make that boring find from Mr Nerd USA you can pull one of these gems out to really give it some marketting punch.

Tips:

Original collector or storer must be eccentric.

Finder of comics must gush over the condition, especially the page quality

Some sort of identification mark helps

The collection was almost lost forever

Condescending attitude.

Play coy about selling them to the public.

New Pedigree Found

Headlights Collection.

"Discovered from the last will and testament of Marc Estuire a convicted fellon since 1939 who died in prison. ft88 discovered this collection while visiting a friend at the Eastern State Peniteniary. "All I can say is wow. This is the finest collection of Good Girl Art comics I have ever seen. Pages are bone white and cover the gambit. Just going through them is an honor in itself." It turns out ft88 knew a prisoner who befriended fellow prisoner Marc Estuire who collected comcs from 1939 to 1960 and specifically comics with scantily clad women on the cover. "These are highly prized today" said ft88. "Even comic collectors don't know about many of these issues, but they are extremely rare since typical parents didn't buy these for little Johnny" But "little" Estuire certainly enjoyed them. The story behind the collection is as much an adventure as the stories within. It turns out that Marc Estuire spent his prison allowance, not on cigaretttes but on comics, at least 40 a month.

Ft88 describes the chain of events. "What he would do is buy 2 copies of each issue one to read and one for posterity. Maybe he though he'd go to his collection when he finished his term. At the end of the month he'd then ship them to a warehouse in upstate New York where the storage attendant would place the box of books in the unit unopened. Can you imagine? these books haven't seen the light of day in over 60 years."

Whats interesting is the covers all have a distinguishing mark on them. "What he did was place a pencil check mark on the, how shall we put it, distinguishing characteristics of the lady figure. This is true on every single book."

It turns out that the collection was nearly lost forever. After Marc passed away and the storage unit wasn't paid up, the storage owner opened a few of the boxes and saw they were all comics. As ft88 describes "He didn't know anything about comics and thought of them as old magazines. Most of the time unpaid units are auctioned off but the owner needed the space for a customer and was in the process of junking the whole thing. When I arrived to pick up the collection about a quarter of the collection was sitting on a pallet to be junked. I'm just glad my buddy told me about this guy and I was able to find it. I feel honored and humble that I prevented these priceless items from being destroyed."

And how much did ft88 pay for these books? "I gave the estate fair value for them, I figured it was the least I could do for a guy who spent his life in prison" And what will he do with them? "I'll probably keep them for a while, who knows. I might let a couple go to the true collectors out there. These books are just amazing."

Epilogue: Marc was imprisoned for multiple crimes against women. ft88 was later tied up in lawsuits for the next 10 years. The collection has yet to be sold.

A man named Edgar Chapel spent most of his life buying 1 of every comic from 1937 to 1953. The books were stored in perfect condition. Unfortunately, Edgar was put into a nursing home and his wife sold the collection for 10¢ a piece.

The books were bought by Charles Rosinsky of Very High Comics. Charles made a lot of money selling those books.

How is that?

S

A man named Edgar Chapel spent most of his life buying 1 of every comic from 1937 to 1953. The books were stored in perfect condition. Unfortunately, Edgar was put into a nursing home and his wife sold the collection for 10¢ a piece.

The books were bought by Charles Rosinsky of Very High Comics. Charles made a lot of money selling those books.

How is that?

S

Sounds vaguely familiar.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How is that?

S

I've heard better...but not by that much! insane.gif

West

How is that?

S

Nope, not original enough. We want to read stories with an essence of truth to them. Who would believe such drinbble? Nice try though.