• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

Sweet pickups so far! Banner, VERY nice! Have an undercopy?

Paull, another nice Cole book! That one is tough!

It was a huge year for me, since I just started collecting GA. It has been a ton of fun and I look forward to adding some more stuff VERY soon!

Here is my favorite I think. $350 was, to me, a total steal for this one. First horror comic, slight CT, but fantastic eye appeal. I was floored when I won it. Still on cloud9.gif.

eerie1.jpg

Some runners-up.

airfighters2.jpg

beware-1.jpg

TotJ20-1.jpg

marvelmystery51.jpg

humantorch13-1.jpg

Its a toss up between the America's Best and Wonder Comics, nice stuff. 893applaud-thumb.gif

America's Best for me - awesome cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great books from everyone. Dr. Banner - love the Capt. Flight Cole cover! Of course I am a sucker for great Sci-Fi covers.

Between these three, purchases I'd pick the Funnies as HGC and rare as hens teeth. Plus it was bought as part of a large collection so it didn't cost much. As Sinatra sang, "it was a very good year."

flash13.jpg

tec37.jpg

fun64.jpg

Good thread, although I think it's a cop-out to post more than one book. That's the "degree of difficulty" part, picking only one. Enforces discipline, builds character, yada, yada, yada... wink.gif

For me, although I got some pretty cool books this year, there's no way for me not to pick this one:

action1.jpg

In a year of tremendous market selction for me this was my gem/grail of the year. Show us your favorite pickup.

You choose Subby #31 over Captain America #74?! And All-Select #1?! And Adventure #79?!

foreheadslap.gif

Dude this is super high grade and way more rare than any of the books you menitoned. Oh don't forget this one. grin.gif

SMC32-5.jpg

This would be choice #3

Cap74CGC4.jpg

Good thread, although I think it's a cop-out to post more than one book. That's the "degree of difficulty" part, picking only one. Enforces discipline, builds character, yada, yada, yada... wink.gif

For me, although I got some pretty cool books this year, there's no way for me not to pick this one:

action1.jpg

talk about blowing my books away!!!! thumbsup2.gif

action1.jpg

talk about blowing my books away!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Nah, it's like totally restored.

893whatthe.gif

With that book, it's an easy decision!!

One thing this book, and this thread, make me notice, is that the DC GA covers sure do show a lot of vintage automobiles. Great books folks...keep 'em coming! thumbsup2.gif

Between these three, purchases I'd pick the Funnies as HGC and rare as hens teeth. Plus it was bought as part of a large collection so it didn't cost much. As Sinatra sang, "it was a very good year."

I can vouch for the scarcity of many of those issues of the Funnies (1st Woody Woodpecker right?). With these three pick ups I finally finished my John Carter run this year:

1604Funnies36VGFNfcsm.jpg

7530Funnies37fcsm.jpg

3560Funnies40fcsm.jpg

With that run finished it frees me up to move on to other things like Tarzan....

2694TarzanBookfcsm.JPG

3203TipTop003sm.jpg

and Buck Rogers!

7824BuckRogersEastern01AppVGfcsm.jpg

1399FamousFunnies209fcsm.jpg

If you're going to twist my arm and make me pick just one, then I suppose it would be the Buck Rogers #1, but I love them all. cloud9.gif