• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC deduction for a hairline spine split ...

27 posts in this topic

I agree also. Which leads to another problem. Keeping the census accurate! While in all probability, there are very few crack-outs of slabs on 9.2 and higher comics, who knows how far the census is off on comics graded .5 to 9.0???? Not just on the resubs, but comics that are just plain liberated from the slab and stored in a personal collection in mylar and an acid-free backboard.

Which leads to another problem. Keeping the census accurate!

How do you suggest CGC keep the census 100% accurate? confused.gif

Eventually the census won't matter. It's just a matter of time. grin.gif

How do you suggest CGC keep the census 100% accurate? confused.gif

I like the idea of stamping the books on a nondisclosed spot somewhere on the inside of the book with a non-destructive invisible ink.

The only problem I see ( assuming there IS such a solution out there) would be the word getting around WHERE the CGC stamp is. Once people figure out a way to use this marking method to their advantage...it will as useless.

That, or get image recognition software like the retinal scan systems to identify each submission by their hi-res scans alone. I know there isnt anything like this yet...... but thats all Ive got so far!

And "production tear" ...? Hmm, it may be! grin.gif Looks like a miscalibrated cover wrapper to me. Anyone know what model number Marvel was using in the early 70's? I hear the ZX-7765 was WAY defective!

Phil

hm. I don't have any idea... but I know who would... but he's gone. Gone forever.

FOREVER. sumo.gif