• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

journey into mystery supahot?!

60 posts in this topic

...it also seems that the CGC census has solidified the idea that early JIMS are truly hard in GH. And cillectors/investors/CGC-Marvel HG buyers are more attracted yto them now doe to their newly verified scarceness. Spidey 11 gained tremendously in price as its rumored status as a tough early Spidey were borne out by the census.

But in the long run, Thors have always been less in demand compared to the other Marvel titles. Ultimately, they may fall back again due to the character's 'weak' fanbase.

I've never fully liked Thor because whereas most of the other Marvel heroes have origins based in science fiction, Thor is tied to Norse mythology. I always considered the mix of science and religion screwy somehow. It always seemed to me that Thor should be off in his own universe separate from the rest of the Marvel characters.

I still buy Thors because I like the character, but his goofy origin and the source of his powers minimize his coolness.

i dunno about you fellas, but i like collecting JIM's more than any other marvel title. i've also met alot of thor fan/collectors too since the inception of eBay. talking to robert storms in the past, he even told me JIM was hot and has been hot for awhile, and that was about 3 years ago. JIM's in HG NM are extremely HTF, if i was still collecting slabs, i'd settle for early JIM's 83-95 in VF 8.0 or better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps the Cgc Marvel completist already has a bundle of Cgc ASM, FF, X-men, TTA, ToS & is now chasing Thor/JIM? Either that or fanboy really enjoyed the Absorbing Man appearance in the Hulk movie & now wants his early sumo.gifcover appearances.

This just seemed like an appropriate post to post this soooo....

What's with Journey Into Mystery # 90. Been chasing this comic on e-bay and have not come across a decent comic in years.

And I do mean years.

Could this be one of those ultra-rare books like Eerie 17? No Kirby art. That why maybe - not many sold, or kept.....?????

Either that or fanboy really enjoyed the Absorbing Man appearance in the Hulk movie & now wants his early cover appearances.

Its a bit of a stretch though for most fanboys to tie the villain in the Hulk movie to the Absorbing man. Especially if you are talking about cover appearances...there really are not too many similarities appearance wise between Nick Nolte and Crusher Creel. grin.gif

JIM 90 (the carbon copy man), i just have a CGC FN+ 6.5 copy, i do know as OS mentioned, JIM 95 in NM is extremely TOUGH!

JIM #90 features the worst art and lamest villain of any of the Thor books. blush.gif

I will go with the Pimsta here and say that JIM #95 is the toughest in grade (after #84).

I think JIM 124 was part of the Mile High 2 find, because it's readily available in high grade as compared to all the other JIMs.

Most of the issues above #112 are pretty easy to find in high grade. Issues 100-112 are fairly tough. 90-99 are a real struggle and pre-90 are virtualy non-existant.

It is a very tough run to collect in nice shape, and I think this fact also puts collectors off trying to get them, as it can be very frustrating.

It is a very tough run to collect in nice shape, and I think this fact also puts collectors off trying to get them, as it can be very frustrating.

For me, that's the fun of collecting.

A few months ago I realigned how I was going to collect and it's actually put the fun back into the hobby for me.

Fortunately, I got into the 9.4 JIM thing before it seems everyone else woke up to them. Fortunately, I've been able to get all of mine at a fair price. In the post-100 issues I'm lacking only #100,103,106,109(like everyone else),112(an over-valued book in my opinion),117,118,122,123,125. Once I get all those I'll tackle the pre-100 issues.

I think Thor, across the board, is undervalued. Frankly, I preferred it when everyone else was ignoring the title.

JIM/Thor is my second favorite title to the Fantastic Four. If they ever make a movie, the perfect director would be Peter Jackson - look what he's done done with Lord of the Rings. Just think what he could do with Asgaard and the battles!