• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out the prices for Superman #1 and Batman #1

23 posts in this topic

Fab ! I love stuff like this

Looks like DinoGeorge traded his Golden Age gems for cooler shades...

1548608-dinogeorge.jpg

Is that a real person that you guys know from the video?

Well I don't know George Olshevsky personally, but I know of him...

Google Dinogeorge + comics

It's worth checking out the other radio and video archives from CBC - the (surprisingly intense) 1978 Stan Lee interview, as well as footage from a 1974 Canadian convention. There's a bit where a ten year old is holding his latest acquisition - a Superboy 1 in nice shape that he bought for 10 cents. Plus you see how old comics were sold back then - on tables, unbagged, and in big piles. Happy days....

Cool! Thanks for sharing this! George Olshevsky must have cleaned him out of all of his high grade Timely's, based on what he sold years ago.

Have you read his article in Overstreet #10? It's about the origin of Marvel comics. The first page and a half details his quest for a full run of Marvel and Timely comics. His main source was Memory Lane.

This site downloads on your computer a very dangerous trojan. Don't open it. For those of you without sophisticated spyware you wont' know it.

The Trojan horses are

Trojan Horse Dowloader Generic3.DBL

and Trojan Horse Proxy.JAN

This post should be deleted by the owner or CGC

This site downloads on your computer a very dangerous trojan. Don't open it. For those of you without sophisticated spyware you wont' know it.

The Trojan horses are

foreheadslap.gif

The Trojan horses are

Um, no it doesn't. It's a link to the CBC's (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) website where you can watch the video online. There's no downloading of anything involved. I think you have other PC issues.

The Trojan horses are

893naughty-thumb.gifscrewy.gif

The Trojan horses are

893naughty-thumb.gifscrewy.gif

Haha, thank you! The worst thing is that he keeps PMing me that there's something wrong and that he owns a computer store. I feel bad for those customers. insane.gif

The Trojan horses are

Please please please don't start tossing around these accusations unless you are 100% sure. I run a PC with a specially made "honey-pot" to attract all kinds of trojans, worms and other forms of viruses (and of course the rampant -script-kiddies). This PC is installed in my network, but shielded from the rest of the PCs and runs 9 different malware/spyware trackers and a whole bunch of anti-virus software...

Nothing except a harmless cookie is transmitted from the website.

Those trojans you are mentioning are part of "trojan horse Proxy.10.BB" and were typical 2004 trojans, using a hole in the early XP SP2 ActiveX components.

If a large site like cbc.ca would try to install such an oudated trojan on my PC I would feel insulted....

tonofbricks.gif

The Trojan horses are

Please please please don't start tossing around these accusations unless you are 100% sure. I run a PC with a specially made "honey-pot" to attract all kinds of trojans, worms and other forms of viruses (and of course the rampant -script-kiddies). This PC is installed in my network, but shielded from the rest of the PCs and runs 9 different malware/spyware trackers and a whole bunch of anti-virus software...

Nothing except a harmless cookie is transmitted from the website.

Those trojans you are mentioning are part of "trojan horse Proxy.10.BB" and were typical 2004 trojans, using a hole in the early XP SP2 ActiveX components.

If a large site like cbc.ca would try to install such an oudated trojan on my PC I would feel insulted....

These aren't accusations Just trying to help the forum. Some virus hunters won't catch every trojan. I just checked my Active X blocker and it was somehow turned off which is really odd.. Thats how it go it in while I was viewing the video. I don't think cbc.ca has anything to do with it I don't know how it is getting transmitted. All I know is I caught it live with AVG. Enuff said. Thanks.

tonofbricks.gif

awesome link

thanx for sharing that

what is george olshevsky doing now?

does he still collect at all?

No longer a comic book collector but active on the Grand Comic-Book Database lists.

Still actively interested in dinosaurs and astronomy, but only passively in comic books.

Let's politely say that he's a bit incendiary about politics and leans to the right.

Very interesting clip! I like the frequent reference to 1933 as the beginning of "antique comic books". Apparently Cap'n George didn't subcribe to the Action Comics 1 theory.

Jack

what do u folks think of the definition given for "vintage comic book" - as being a comic book published from 1933-1945. still accurate?

also - what specific comics can u identify in the clip?

i see Superman 2 (!) on the rack behind Henderson... cloud9.gif