• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Final Resolution with Lighthouse

8 posts in this topic

For some who have followed the Boards for a long time, you will remember I had a client who had a long time problem regarding Lighthouse (T.J. Pitts).

I wanted to let everyone know that House has paid back

my client in full and well ahead of schedule. House

and my client met face to face in the beginning of

December where after a friendly dinner, House

presented my client with a certified check for the

remaining balance. Up until this point, House had

made 4 monthly payments of $500, the top of the agreed

upon range.

My client wishes House all the best as he gets his

life back in order. If this is any indication, he

certainly seems to be on the right track.

With this in mind, we wish T.J. the best of luck. I continue to express caution, and not to forget the lessons we learned. However, in this season of charity and of good will, we extend our very best to him, and see this as a substantial step in gaining back trust.

Very good news....and great job in following up on this.

Hopefully transactions and dealings on the boards in 2007 will be lawyer free. thumbsup2.gif

That is unless they are just buying or selling to fill their hobbiest needs. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice work Brian. Hope you have a great day. thumbsup2.gif

Same here. Good work Brian, and happy holidays to everyone involved. thumbsup2.gif

I would like to publicly thank Brian for his involvement in this process. Even though he has not been involved for the last eight months (since his client and I went through mediation), his involvement early on was invaluable in getting his client and I back on track. He helped get us to a point where his assistance was no longer necessary and for that I am grateful.

And though none of their representatives are members of this board, I would still like to take this opportunity to thank the Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center. I sought them out when it seemed that mediation might be the best course of action in getting this situation resolved amicably. They were extremely helpful in getting Brian's client and I back to the table and handled our two-hour mediation session free of charge. Prior to that session, neither Brian's client nor I was very confident that we would ever see an amicable resolution. Mr. Cherry, our mediator, was a consummate professional and did a fabulous job with our session. I can't thank him enough.

There are local Dispute Resolution Centers throughout the country, and many of them are free of charge to the parties involved (their funding typically comes from filing fees in civil court cases). I wholeheartedly recommend them as an option if you think your situation might benefit from mediation.

Again, my thanks to Brian, the BCDRC, Mr Cherry, and the many members of this board who lent advice, assistance and support to both of us during this time. Though this monetary debt has been repaid in full, there are still many non-monetary debts that I must repay and that will come with time.

Best holiday wishes to all.

Lighthouse

Happy Holidays to all… and a fresh start in 2007 for all involved.

MAJOR PROPS to my good friend Brian Ketterer for ALWAYS being exceptionally generous with his valuable time... and for being a consistent, level-headed voice and force for "the positive" within our hobby.

hail.gifheadbang.gif