• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truly serious book on Ebay

35 posts in this topic

One thing that shows how confident he is is the no-reserve which I personally think helps the bidding on as well.

yes....I am very confident with the success of this auction...no reserve needed. Thanks for starting this thread thumbsup2.gif. I am presently expanding my GA focus to Superheros( finally, makepoint.gif...this is the 1st time I have used this on myself- makepoint.gif) but my GA experience to this point has been rare/esoteric pre-code comics from the 1950's. For this genre, there are 2 sure things/ pre-code "Grails" ......Black Cat 50 and Reform School Girl!. They are both absolute gold each and every time I have touched one.

PS I am ALWAYS buying Reform School Girl! and Black Cat 50 in high grade gossip.gif

One thing that shows how confident he is is the no-reserve which I personally think helps the bidding on as well.

yes....I am very confident with the success of this auction...no reserve needed. Thanks for starting this thread thumbsup2.gif. I am presently expanding my GA focus to Superheros( finally, makepoint.gif...this is the 1st time I have used this on myself- makepoint.gif) but my GA experience to this point has been rare/esoteric pre-code comics from the 1950's. For this genre, there are 2 sure things/ pre-code "Grails" ......Black Cat 50 and Reform School Girl!. They are both absolute gold each and every time I have touched one.

PS I am ALWAYS buying Reform School Girl! and Black Cat 50 in high grade gossip.gif

Hey Showcase-4, You and me may not agree all the time, but I do respect you perspective on things. As far as my continual KK comments, it is just kidding on my part, but when you first started posting you sounded like him. You really should dig up some of his old threads, He was great at stirring the pot. Good luck with the auction, it is a truly scarse book and a definite grail for GGA collectors. thumbsup2.gif

For this genre, there are 2 sure things/ pre-code "Grails" ......Black Cat 50 and Reform School Girl!. They are both absolute gold each and every time I have touched one.

In my opinion, no Harvey is a sure thing. There are plenty of high grade BCM 50s around, and probably a lot more than I have seen due to the huge Harvey find. Not a good choice for a solid investment, in my opinion.

I see that you bid $650 for a raw 4.0 copy. What would you spend for a CGC 9.0 copy?

Hi,

Actually, the famous 1948 Diversey Digest version is the true pre-cursor to the comic - the digest is an especially sleazy looking thing with its lurid coloring and is much sought after by paperback collectors. Supposedly, the model was a Canadian Skating star whose father sued the publisher because it made her appear to be the character in the story - they made them remove a page from the book - it's an interesting tale. I used to have a nice copy I sold years ago - wish I had it back frown.gif but here's a swipe off the web:

REFORM.jpg

I had no idea this book was worth this kind of money.. 5k for a vf with 8 days to go? Yowch.

3 sales at Heritage over the past few years:

Good 2.0 $920

Good+ 2.5 $1,470

VG+ 4.5 $2,151

based on these 3 low grade sales, I believe my est. of $10k+ is very, pardon the pun, Realistic

I had no idea this book was worth this kind of money.. 5k for a vf with 8 days to go? Yowch.

3 sales at Heritage over the past few years:

Good 2.0 $920

Good+ 2.5 $1,470

VG+ 4.5 $2,151

based on these 3 low grade sales, I believe my est. of $10k+ is very, pardon the pun, Realistic

Please keep the hype to a minimum.

S