• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Um, delekkerste hes trying to flip that X-Men 100 you bid on.

8 posts in this topic

I was cruising around Ebay this evening looking into a few books with some PayPal $$$ burning a whole in my pocket. I will usually low ball bid the books that I really want to watch and put the so-so books into Items Im Watching. After surfing about 30 books I went back and had a look at the sellers of the 4 books I put opener bids on. So I hit the X-men 100 CGC 9.4 http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2183880982&category=33826&rd=1

and discovered two things: 1. He/she bought the book very recently, as its still shows in feedback. 2. That you, I assume thats you were the previous bidder.

Anyway figured I'd give you the heads up that hes trying to flip it and from my tracking this book for a few months off and on, I've already seen it sell for less than what he paid for it. Regardless, since you bid first, I will stay away, but just wanted you to give you a heads up for when the bidding intensifies, if you decide to venture in there. grin.gif

Regardless, since you bid first, I will stay away, but just wanted you to give you a heads up for when the bidding intensifies, if you decide to venture in there.

Thanks for the heads up...I just put a bid in to "watch" the auction so I can see what the market is doing (most of my bids lately are of that variety, though if I see a potential bargain in the making, I'll throw in a bid near the end), so don't feel restricted from bidding on my part. I certainly won't venture anywhere near where the seller bought the book ($200).

Gene

Ya I echo that sentiment, as Ive seen it sell 3 times for under $200 in the past 2-3 months. This book received a nice bump in the guide this year and I think is about right considering the number of copies out there. The variant is another matter.. grin.gif