• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know these sellers?

9 posts in this topic

Looks like some great deals here if you love reading GA, but I'm curious as to who they are and I'm pretty sure they didn't compile some of this stuff themselves. Most of it looks like it's public domain but I'm pretty sure they didn't compile the MLJ stuff.Comics on DVD's

I've emailed to ask for a scan of what a page looks like on screen, since I'm interested in the Quality dvd, but no reply. I'm not going to buy until I've heard from them and I know darn well that the MLJ run they have must be copied from the discs that board member Shield sells from his website, although their price is about 1/10th of his.

Ebay has pulled these dvd's, I wonder if it was a copyright issue or if the people who scanned and compiled these things complained, although that would be interfering in the free market. Oh well.......Would have been a cheap way to read some of these books. After looking at his feedback, I'd say it was a scam of some sort, but I'm not quite sure, he's no longer a registered user.

Ebay has pulled these dvd's, I wonder if it was a copyright issue or if the people who scanned and compiled these things complained, although that would be interfering in the free market. Oh well.......Would have been a cheap way to read some of these books. After looking at his feedback, I'd say it was a scam of some sort, but I'm not quite sure, he's no longer a registered user.

You already have a DVD with 213 of these books on them Vince. I inquired about these DVD's from the seller, and he stated that he personally scanned some of these. Infuriated, I sent listing violation notifications to eBay and requested some fellow members do the same. Within mere hours all his auctions were pulled.

2 things:

1. My price is what it is after doing 99% of the work over 5 years. I still pay to keep my site 100% ad free and you can read quite a few MLJ titles for free.

2. I've listed these in the past on eBay and had them pulled myself - why should he be special? He's merely leeched them from a bit torrent somewhere and tried to pass them off as his own.

Here's an email from the guy:

ebidnget (11)

Positive feedback: 100%

Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: GOLDEN AGE MLJ COMICS COLLECTION 210+ON 1 DVD DISK (140069660530) This message was sent while the listing was active. ebidnget is the seller.

-------------------------------------------------------

you are not the only one who has these and i have never heard of your site. these are public domain and the majority of these are freely available from a variety of sites. i have personally scanned some of these. i just visited your site and you state that these were acquired from a variety of places and from different people also. also mine are not in pdf or zip format. you do not and can not own copyright on these as these are not yours.

On second thought, I actually think this guy was legit. I can't say for sure how he compiled these books, but if the stuff was in the public domain, then I bet it was legal. If I can find him, I'm going to buy that Quality and Fiction house disc from him. None of us here, wrote, drew or printed any of this stuff, by the way. I'm sorry I started this thread, especially if it led to this guy getting reported to ebay.

I have an update on all this. I ordered the Quality Comics disc and the fiction house disc and the MLJ disc and recieved them today, quickly shipped and well packaged and they are outstanding. Now I can read all the Planet and Ranger Comics among others as well as a ton of great Quality comics. I Got the MLJ disc for five bucks, just to fill in the ones I don't have. Great service and product. This guy shouldn't have been shut down. It was a real shame.