• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auctions

16 posts in this topic

If you bid through eBay, you have to pay a 20% Buyer's Premium. If you bid through Heiritage, its only 15% (did I say only flamed.gif)

But bidding is closed through Heritage's website for those items being sold today.

Also, in many cases, the price shown on eBay (with No bids), would not get you the book (i.e. the bidding is already higher or the reserve is higher).

So....if you have the highest bid online, would you be bidding against yourself during the live auction?

For example...let's say a book's current bid price is $200.00. Your high bid is 200 and you have a high bid amount of 400. During the live auction would you bid against your online bid up to 400?

So....if you have the highest bid online, would you be bidding against yourself during the live auction?

For example...let's say a book's current bid price is $200.00. Your high bid is 200 and you have a high bid amount of 400. During the live auction would you bid against your online bid up to 400?

I would think you would be. If I were at the live auction, I would just wait until someone bid over my max internet bid and then bid like a normal auction. No sense giving Heritage too much cashola!

I have never trusted any of the auction sites including Heritage enough to use the maximum bid approach. If I do place a maximum bid, does Heritage know what my maximum bid is and as a result, will go on and bid the price up themselves in order to hit my maximum bid even though they have no intention of acquiring the book.

I sometimes got the impression that this was bing done with some of the other auction companies. Does anybody know if this is being done by Heritage.

I believe I just won a few auctions that were below my maximum bid. None were very expensive books (mostly in the $100-120) range.

Still waiting to confirm that I'm the winner.

I will keep the board informed.

I believe I just won a few auctions that were below my maximum bid. None were very expensive books (mostly in the $100-120) range.

Still waiting to confirm that I'm the winner.

I will keep the board informed.

Won the Weird War Tales 1 CGC 9.4 and the Shadow 1 CGC 9.8 for less than my max bids. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Way to go Greggy. acclaim.gif

Always nice to get a book below what you would be willing to pay.

That's why I like auctions.

Now...the Shadow 1 CGC 9.8 price in the Overstreet MUST be wrong. No way that book would have sold for $2,500. I got it for $299 including the premium which is more in line with what I think it's worth considering it's a common book! insane.gif

The truth is, it doesn't matter what the guide said or what the real sale price of that book was:

The new market value is what you paid for it today!!!

It's not like you bought it from someone who had no idea what it was worth.

Remember:

Many stocks use to sell for $100 but now sell for a $1. Just because someone bought it awhile ago for $100 does'nt mean diddly squat today.