• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Justice League 61 Garage Sale Find

19 posts in this topic

Back in the early 80s, my Mom came back from a garage sale with a stack of pretty decent DCs... bought for a nickel each. She gave half the stack to my brother, the other half to me. This is one of those books. I wasn't much of a DC fan then, but I have come to appreciate it... cloud9.gif

No surpises... a touch to the URC, slight top spine edge fuzz and a handful of spider creases in spine. (Spine creases are more prominent in scan than in actuality confused.gif) A few pinhead size foxing spots. Nice colors and gloss.

JLA61.jpg

JLA61b.jpg

7.0 unless those are stains on the back cover than a 6.0.

foreheadslap.gif What staining? confused.gif Other than 3 pinhead sized foxing dots in the URC, the back cover is clean.

Scanning black covers is tough because it accentuates the contrast in small stresses. Bear in mind that the spine stresses are RAZOR thin and look much worse on the scan than in real life. You can barely see the top 3 in-hand.

I'll bet anyone a steak dinner this is a minimum CGC 8.0.

sumo.gif

foreheadslap.gif What staining? confused.gif Other than 3 pinhead sized foxing dots in the URC, the back cover is clean.

Scanning black covers is tough because it accentuates the contrast in small stresses. Bear in mind that the spine stresses are RAZOR thin and look much worse on the scan than in real life. You can barely see the top 3 in-hand.

sumo.gif

You're on!

sumo.gif

You're on!

I'll give you a chance to back out. devil.gif

JLA61001.jpg

7.0 - 7.5

Back in 1978, this was one of my first old JLA's I bought on my very first trip to a comic shop. The one I bought back then was only in Good-VG. But I thought it was great to own something "old". 27_laughing.gif Since then, I have bought it in better shape.