• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB CGC Invaders, Invaders Related Books, and Captain America

5 posts in this topic

WTB

Invaders #s 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 19, 20, 21, 23, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, Gaint Size 1, Annual 1 9.8

Avengers 71 9.6

Fantastic Four Annual 11 9.6 or better

Captain America 253, 254 9.6 or better

I'm also interested in purchasing Captain America 112, 114, 115, 118, and 119 in ow/w or white 9.4.

Thanks.

Good luck on a tough quest... getting 9.8s. Sure, one could argue these are books where many high grade examples potentially exist, but for many years these were quarter bin books as well and probably were not preserved as well as their more popular counterparts.

I have the same quest, and I'd like 9.8s, but I can live with very sharp 9.4s and 9.6s.

Until you told me in the New In Your Collection thread, I had no idea that 9.6 was highest graded for Annual #1. yay.gif

Another Invaders fan..... 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I love that series, although it got a little "weak" towards the end.

I would have to agree. The early issues by Roy Thomas seemed to make frequent historical/cultural references that placed the stories in a more meaningful context. The longer the series went, the fewer those references became. The stories themselves seemed to slip more the less Thomas had an influence on the series.

Good luck on a tough quest... getting 9.8s. Sure, one could argue these are books where many high grade examples potentially exist, but for many years these were quarter bin books as well and probably were not preserved as well as their more popular counterparts.

I have the same quest, and I'd like 9.8s, but I can live with very sharp 9.4s and 9.6s.

Until you told me in the New In Your Collection thread, I had no idea that 9.6 was highest graded for Annual #1. yay.gif

Well, my collecting interests are extremely narrow--as far as CGC books are concerned. This certainly helps the ole' budget. I've put together a 9.6 run of Invaders already with a smattering of 9.8's. There are not a great many Invaders that have been graded for the reasons you give above. I'm optimistic, though, that over time, I'll be able to complete a 9.8 run.

The cover on the Invaders annual is definitely one of the best for the entire series. I'm sure a 9.8 will turn up eventually.