• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Stupid question coming for everybody...

If I were to list books on ebay with a buy it now price, and then put in my description that I know my prices are higher than the going rate for that product, should I really expect to sell my product?

sure, sound business model i suppose.

If I were to list books on ebay with a buy it now price, and then put in my description that I know my prices are higher than the going rate for that product, should I really expect to sell my product?

I have no idea. I always start my auctions at 99p and state that I'm way cheaper than any other copy on ebay UK. It always seems to work as I fetch more than the BINs that have been sitting there for months.

actually i don't sell on ebay so i have no advice on that one.

sorry mate

actually i don't sell on ebay so i have no advice on that one.

sorry mate

It's a hypothetical. Something I saw that drove me nuts. Guy has stuff I want and would buy if it was priced right, but straight up said, (paraphrasing) "its priced higher than it should be."