• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

18:00 on Saturday and still no beer has passed thy lips. I'm getting good at this!

Your body will thank you later... I know from experience

Yep, I'm right there with you. It's only since my youngest daughter was born that I've drunk so much at home.

We were always in the pub before she came along :insane:

18:00 on Saturday and still no beer has passed thy lips. I'm getting good at this!

yeah, your body won't thank you now...usually takes 7 days for it to thank you.

kudos to you gav if you are doing this to better yourself!

i haven't drank for 8 or 9 years now, i know i'm better off.

Doesn't bother me at all really. I did stop drinking for a while, then had a few cans when I was in and then enjoyed it so started up again.

It's been easier this weekend as I have a cold, but I can actually go without a drink, I'm not really an alcoholic!

Jay I emailed the consent form back over today (thumbs u

Doesn't bother me at all really. I did stop drinking for a while, then had a few cans when I was in and then enjoyed it so started up again.

It's been easier this weekend as I have a cold, but I can actually go without a drink, I'm not really an alcoholic!

Jay I emailed the consent form back over today (thumbs u

got it! (thumbs u

i wasn't sure if you were going full out with quitting or just taking a break from drinking for the weekend.

i was borderline in my early 20's and i stopped before it got out of control. If i hear someone is going to stop or try to, i try to be as supportive as i can. even if it isn't long term or they don't even have a problem to start with (does that make sense? i don't know if i understand that myself).

Yeah I used to drink pretty heavy, but I've slowed down a lot now we've had the kids. I only normally drink on a weekend to take the edge off the madness going on 'round the house.

Yeah I used to drink pretty heavy, but I've slowed down a lot now we've had the kids. I only normally drink on a weekend to take the edge off the madness going on 'round the house.

i don't have kids (that i know of) so i never had that incentive, oh well, i guess my nephew will get my books when i die, a long time from now.

Edited by Junkenstein99