• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Zombieland = super awesome funny movie...

you must see this movie... even my wife who I had to literally bribe into going laughed her off through the whole move and says to me leaving the theater "I can't wait for that to come out on DVD. It's going to make a ton of money!"

Glad to hear you liked it Jason!

I still didn't get to see it..... :(

However, my wife and I took my 3-year-old daughter to her first movie experience! We saw Toy Story I and 2 in 3D, and we had a great time! :cloud9:

:o You mean to tell me ToyStory in 3D didn't make your wife laugh hard enough to pop out Stevie Jr yet? :baiting:

Edited by shortstack comics

Just got done having a nice balls out drag out fight with the wife. I look forward to discussing both that and how much I hate work with all of you in the gang tomorrow. (thumbs u

Sorry to hear that although I look forward to the career change talk. :juggle:

Zombieland = super awesome funny movie...

you must see this movie... even my wife who I had to literally bribe into going laughed her off through the whole move and says to me leaving the theater "I can't wait for that to come out on DVD. It's going to make a ton of money!"

Glad to hear you liked it Jason!

I still didn't get to see it..... :(

However, my wife and I took my 3-year-old daughter to her first movie experience! We saw Toy Story I and 2 in 3D, and we had a great time! :cloud9:

:o You mean to tell me ToyStory in 3D didn't make your wife laugh hard enough to pop out Stevie Jr yet? :baiting:

lol nope, not yet!

Due date is less than 1 week now :o

Just got done having a nice balls out drag out fight with the wife. I look forward to discussing both that and how much I hate work with all of you in the gang tomorrow. (thumbs u

Ditto'd! :foryou:

So you guys remember me asking about the Mormon wedding?

Let me start by saying that it's pretty much been determined that my sister-in-law and her boyfriend are getting married so quickly so that they can start having religion approved sex.

Well... my wife is on a business trip starting Dec 11th and gets back the night of Dec 17th at 10:45p. My sister-in-laws wedding is Dec 19th at 10:05am in Salt Lake City, Utah.

So to make it to this wedding, getting the cheapest flight possible would have us leave at 6:45a on the 18th arriving in Salt Lake arround 3p (meaning lots and lots of fun layover times in multiple airports, especially considering Salt Lake is 2 hours behind DFW). Tickets for the two of us for this roundtrip, plus car rental, plus hotel for one night close to where they are having the ceremony, plus meals, plus someone to watch over our pets is creeping very close to $2,500 for a two day trip. Fly out Friday, go to wedding Saturday morning, fly home Saturday night (getting home at like midnight).

Usually, I wouldn't say anything about it. I would just go along because it's family, and it's what you are supposed to do. Except that my sister-in-law is Mormon, and so is her fiancee. They are getting married in the Mormon temple. What this means is that anyone who isn't Mormon, and even some that are but dont meet certain criteria (:screwy:) can't go into the temple to watch the wedding. So what that means is that my father-in-law, my wife, and I will all be sitting outside... in the middle of December... in Utah... for an hour and a half while the wedding takes place. Her sister and her then husband are leaving directly after the ceremony for their honeymoon. We won't see my sister-in-law in person the entire time we are there.

So essentially instead of doing Christmas with presents for each other and our families, we get to spend $2,500 to hang out with my father-in-law in the snow and freezing temps. That doesn't even include the gift for the wedding.

And the fight started as the bill kept getting higher and I said, "fine, you go, I'll stay. We can save some money that way." Wife gets pissed at this even though she said at the beginning that it was ok if I stayed while she went. Of course when I made this decision, the argument started, and I just threw more fuel on the fire by saying the entire thing was a " waste of money"

I've been in hospital supply chain my entire life... and I do mean that. It's kind of been the family business. When my mom had me, she was a purchasing agent at one of the local hospitals. My grandmother who was a nurse manager would actually keep me in a crib in her cubicle at work while she and my mom worked. As soon as I was old enough to walk, count and read numbers I was in the warehouse pulling orders. I've literally done hospital supply chain my whole life.

So question to you guys... what should I do instead? Because I'm ready for a change.

So you guys remember me asking about the Mormon wedding?

Let me start by saying that it's pretty much been determined that my sister-in-law and her boyfriend are getting married so quickly so that they can start having religion approved sex.

Well... my wife is on a business trip starting Dec 11th and gets back the night of Dec 17th at 10:45p. My sister-in-laws wedding is Dec 19th at 10:05am in Salt Lake City, Utah.

So to make it to this wedding, getting the cheapest flight possible would have us leave at 6:45a on the 18th arriving in Salt Lake arround 3p (meaning lots and lots of fun layover times in multiple airports, especially considering Salt Lake is 2 hours behind DFW). Tickets for the two of us for this roundtrip, plus car rental, plus hotel for one night close to where they are having the ceremony, plus meals, plus someone to watch over our pets is creeping very close to $2,500 for a two day trip. Fly out Friday, go to wedding Saturday morning, fly home Saturday night (getting home at like midnight).

Usually, I wouldn't say anything about it. I would just go along because it's family, and it's what you are supposed to do. Except that my sister-in-law is Mormon, and so is her fiancee. They are getting married in the Mormon temple. What this means is that anyone who isn't Mormon, and even some that are but dont meet certain criteria (:screwy:) can't go into the temple to watch the wedding. So what that means is that my father-in-law, my wife, and I will all be sitting outside... in the middle of December... in Utah... for an hour and a half while the wedding takes place. Her sister and her then husband are leaving directly after the ceremony for their honeymoon. We won't see my sister-in-law in person the entire time we are there.

So essentially instead of doing Christmas with presents for each other and our families, we get to spend $2,500 to hang out with my father-in-law in the snow and freezing temps. That doesn't even include the gift for the wedding.

And the fight started as the bill kept getting higher and I said, "fine, you go, I'll stay. We can save some money that way." Wife gets pissed at this even though she said at the beginning that it was ok if I stayed while she went. Of course when I made this decision, the argument started, and I just threw more fuel on the fire by saying the entire thing was a " waste of money"

Ok - after actaully reading this perhaps a Chew purchase is not the answer. :makepoint:

• Administrator
Just got done having a nice balls out drag out fight with the wife.

Had one myself Saturday night. A real humdinger it was too.

Christ I'm feeling mess today. Can't wait to get the results of this blood test through so they can do something about it.

Sorry to hear, Gav :foryou:

Ditto...best wishes for a speedy diagnosis & recovery :foryou:

I've been in hospital supply chain my entire life... and I do mean that. It's kind of been the family business. When my mom had me, she was a purchasing agent at one of the local hospitals. My grandmother who was a nurse manager would actually keep me in a crib in her cubicle at work while she and my mom worked. As soon as I was old enough to walk, count and read numbers I was in the warehouse pulling orders. I've literally done hospital supply chain my whole life.

So question to you guys... what should I do instead? Because I'm ready for a change.

Well, well, well....I hear you. Big time. I've tried several "Career Planning" sites over the last few years. What aspects of your job are you done with? Enjoy still?

Yep, it's him :eek:

Why was he banned? I'm liking his 10.0. I guess asking if he was part of the boards was a bad idea.

Edited by branget