• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Off to see Man Of Steel this evening. :banana:

I will of course be sharing my jaded, cynical, hater opinion regarding this turd afterwards. :acclaim:

You'll hate it.

All right kiddies, I'm going to shock you all by stating that Man Of Steel is NOT A STINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

In fact, it is a very decent film indeed - DC's best, with the exception of TDK, by some distance.

The acting is a little wooden in places, and the dialogue does quite often slip into portentous genre guff, but on the plus side - Cavill IS Superman, the plot and logistics generally were worthwhile if not ambitious, the direction was above average (yes, Snyder does good) and above all else, it is a rather good ride, with quite definitely the best action sequences and SFX ever seen in a super-hero film. I even liked Kevin Costner's turn as Pa Kent, whilst the rest of the leads acquitted themselves pretty well. And Michael Shannon was born to be Zod.

Better than the Avengers, chaps. A little too long it has to be said, and overall a remarkably dark, gritty work that lacks the humour of the Marvel flicks (and certainly jars with the Donner version) but them's small quibbles. It's a good film!!!! :o

Why didn't you post all of that in the MoS threads. :taptaptap:

I am EXCITED now! :banana:

Better than Avengers?? Wow, must see it!!

Off to see Man Of Steel this evening. :banana:

I will of course be sharing my jaded, cynical, hater opinion regarding this turd afterwards. :acclaim:

You'll hate it.

All right kiddies, I'm going to shock you all by stating that Man Of Steel is NOT A STINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

In fact, it is a very decent film indeed - DC's best, with the exception of TDK, by some distance.

The acting is a little wooden in places, and the dialogue does quite often slip into portentous genre guff, but on the plus side - Cavill IS Superman, the plot and logistics generally were worthwhile if not ambitious, the direction was above average (yes, Snyder does good) and above all else, it is a rather good ride, with quite definitely the best action sequences and SFX ever seen in a super-hero film. I even liked Kevin Costner's turn as Pa Kent, whilst the rest of the leads acquitted themselves pretty well. And Michael Shannon was born to be Zod.

Better than the Avengers, chaps. A little too long it has to be said, and overall a remarkably dark, gritty work that lacks the humour of the Marvel flicks (and certainly jars with the Donner version) but them's small quibbles. It's a good film!!!! :o

Why didn't you post all of that in the MoS threads. :taptaptap:

I am EXCITED now! :banana:

Better than Avengers?? Wow, must see it!!

Go see it. You may agree or you may not.

Just don't say something stupid like "Iron Man 3" was better. :facepalm: