• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Is this Muttley and Dasterdly(sp)? I remember a cartoon where they had a plane and would chase after a pigeon that carried military secrets or something. The theme song sung "catch that pigeon, catch that pigeon now!". I know the name "Wacky Racers", but don't remember watching it, unless these were the same show?

I sort of recall Captain Caveman, too. Same show? I'm confused. :tonofbricks:

Is this Muttley and Dasterdly(sp)? I remember a cartoon where they had a plane and would chase after a pigeon that carried military secrets or something. The theme song sung "catch that pigeon, catch that pigeon now!". I know the name "Wacky Racers", but don't remember watching it, unless these were the same show?

You had Wacky Racers which included Penelope Pitstop. This then morphed into Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machinnes (Stop the Pigeon).

Not sure Captain Caveman made an appearance, but could be wrong.

Personally I am a Hong Kong Phooey fanboy :headbang: It had one of the best theme tunes ever.

Oh, then there's Danger Mouse, Batfink and Top Cat :whee:

You bunch of old gits!

I grew up with He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, The Visionaires, M.A.S.K., Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Dungeons & Dragons, Inspector Gadget.

Now those were quality shows :)

You bunch of old gits!

I grew up with He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, The Visionaires, M.A.S.K., Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Dungeons & Dragons, Inspector Gadget.

I watched many of them as well except for The Visionaires and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (shrug)

You bunch of old gits!

I'm old enough to remember Marine Boy on the telly.

You had Wacky Racers which included Penelope Pitstop. This then morphed into Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machinnes (Stop the Pigeon).

Not sure Captain Caveman made an appearance, but could be wrong.

Personally I am a Hong Kong Phooey fanboy :headbang: It had one of the best theme tunes ever.

Oh, then there's Danger Mouse, Batfink and Top Cat :whee:

Thanks for the info! I remember Penelope Pitstop, I was thinking that was a different show. Hong Kong Phooey was cool. Never saw the other three mentioned.

You bunch of old gits!

Batman 1940s serials? :whistle:

You bunch of old gits!

They never showed those in the early ' 70s, but we did get plenty of episodes from the ' 60s T.V. show. ;)

You bunch of old gits!

Taped on Betamax video (:

Inspector Gadget was a tool.

Hong Kong Phooey was indeed ledgendary, and also voiced by one of the finest voice actors of all time - Scatman Crothers.

The young 'uns today only associate Scatman with something altogether unsavoury where as I see HKP and Jazz fromTransformers.

Bananaman anyone?

Inspector Gadget was a tool.

Hong Kong Phooey was indeed ledgendary, and also voiced by one of the finest voice actors of all time - Scatman Crothers.

The young 'uns today only associate Scatman with something altogether unsavoury where as I see HKP and Jazz fromTransformers.

Bananaman anyone?

Was he not originally from Nutty Comics?

Hands up if you went and saw the following at the cinema:

Transformers The Movie

Masters of the Universe

Transformers - No, but I do still have it on DVD

MotU - Yes. I found that pouring bleach into my eyes shortly afterwards helped somewhat.

First visit to the cinema anyone???

Mine was Disney's Black Hole :cloud9:

I was 4 at the time

MPW-39146.jpg