• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Sisters of Mercy, where have you lot been?

Andrew Eldritch still tours as (with a bunch of hired musicians) The Sisters. He is now 55, has lost all his hair and doesn't dress even remotely Gothic anymore. He hasn't released an album since 1990's Vision Thing, and won't allow video cameras at his concerts. I last saw the Sisters when they were supporting Depeche Mode in 1993.

Wayne Hussey periodically revives the Mission for the odd Goth festival. I last saw the Mission some time in the late 80s. Was never that big a fan of them.

Craig Adams formed the Mission with Hussey and has also been with various other bands, including the Cult and Spear Of Destiny (or Theatre Of Hate, or both, I don't remember). He has returned to the Mission every so often. Never seen The Cult live but I once saw Spear Of Destiny at a festival. They were pants.

Gary Marx has essentially retired from the music biz after his band Ghost Dance failed to ignite commercially, although he does still release the odd album occasionally.

Can't believe they (him) are still going! I think my brother stopped listening to them after the first album.

New Model Army still do one gig a year lol

The early Sisters were great (get Some Girls Wander By Mistake for the complete early years). The first album (First And Last And Always) had some good songs but the production was weak. They were much better live. Obviously Eldritch still has a devoted fanbase, even now.

And I remember seeing NMA back in the day, at least a couple of times. 51 State was more or less an audience singalong. Vengeance (the song!) was always a favourite at The Kit Kat Klub and The Slimelight (Goth clubs I admit I went to quite a lot in my carefree days - The Slimelight is still going!).

Can't believe they (him) are still going! I think my brother stopped listening to them after the first album.

New Model Army still do one gig a year lol

New Model Army 51st State of America! I was just listening to that last night!

Vision Thing... :facepalm: Dr Jeep goes on and on...errr

Saw The Cult with Lenny Kravitz as support in 1992 about...Ceremony tour I believe...

Today,I listen to my NERO lp by Theatre of Hate. :0

I remember as a young lil gothpunk all these Sisters records would up from the UK in the shops and would be horribly expensive..and so many...more singles than AlienSexFiend remixes and Skinny Puppy combined it seemed.Now I see them at shops and they are still horribly expensive...sigh.

Andy,Andrew,either of you fortunate enough to see Bauhaus?

Was just listening to Dalis Car a few days ago actually.Terribly underrated and obscure now..