• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #129

12 posts in this topic

asm129f-1.jpg

asm129b-1.jpg

BIG problem with book is the edges, they were stacked wrong or something happened during delivery like getting squished that the edges got all wavey, those dark spots are little wavey dents and it flows throughout the book frown.gif Other then that there's a date stamp on cover and edges are kind of rounded. Pages are White/Off-white.

Again, the scans are a bit small.... sorry.gif

It really looks like it could be anything from a 5.5 to a 7.5, considering the "waviness"...I might have thought even possibly higher from the scan without your description, which makes it sound like it's on the lower end of that estimate...

are you sure that isn't some kind of moisture damage? How supple are the pages?

That is almost certainly moisture damage. There's no other way the paper would ripple like that on an open edge.

Sorry... but with moisture damage that prominent and throughout the book as you say, I'd have to go with VG. sorry.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif pages are perfectly fine it just appears it was mis-handled or something. The book came from the Netherlands to US in a horribly flimsy envelope but was padded by cardboards. There is also no staining or anything, pages are not firm like I would expect from that sort of damage, very supple and soft just ripply. I have the worst luck buying over the net.

I don't know what's with my scanner or weird lighting, it showed the exact replica of what that looks like on a Dennis the menace i listed here which caused it to be graded extremely low. I gave it a 9.0 vs the 4-5 it was getting here, and got no complaint on the grade when shown to people and finally the guy who bought it.

Sorry about the damage. frown.gif Yep, with the dents going through the whole book, I'd have to guess 4.5.

If there really isn't any moisture waviness and the dents don't break any color (can't tell from the scan), this might be a good pressing candidate.

pages are perfectly fine it just appears it was mis-handled or something.

It could have just been handling when new. I could see somebody grabbing a stack of twenty books between the fingers and thumb and simply wrinkling the books as he/she attempts to hold the pile together.

Dennis