• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman - "The man who laughs"

10 posts in this topic

This comic seems to have picked up some steam and become hot. I really enjoy Batman - Joker stories and I have been thinking of picking it up. Can anyone who has read it please LMK if its good and worth picking up.

batlaugh.jpg

Not to be a killjoy or anything, but I don't know why this book has such appeal (other than the relatively low print run, I suppose). I love Brubaker and think he's the best writer of superhero stuff going, but I thought this book was by far the worst of his mainstream output. It seemed to me to be a rewrite of an early Legends of the Dark Knight issue (I think #50?) which in and of itself wasn't that great to begin with (I realize the story has its roots in the golden age).

I had high hopes since it was brubaker writing, and picked this up when it was on the stands. When I finished reading this, I distinctly remember being thoroughly disappointed.

I dunno, I don't get it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thank-you for your opinons....finally someone who has read it. Since this post I am now leaning more towards not buying it. No doubt it will be reprinted soon due to the popularity. I have never read it so I wanted opinons, thanks again.

Thankyou for your opinons....finally someone wo has read it. Since this post I am now leaning more towards not buying it. No doubt it will be reprinted soon due to the popularity. I have never read it so I wanted opinons, thanks again.

thumbsup2.gif