• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Conan #23 and #24

6 posts in this topic

The miswrap on the #23 looks like it is hiding a few decent spine creases and the BLFC has a small (bindery tear?). Not sure what you might get for a 8.0 to 8.5 copy but a 9.0 just sold on CLINK for $50.

The #24 looks to be in the 9.0 to 9.2 range due to the large creases on BC. This copy just sold in 9.2 for $65.

If it were me...I would not send them in unless I planned on keeping them for a long time.

The miswrap on the #23 looks like it is hiding a few decent spine creases and the BLFC has a small (bindery tear?). Not sure what you might get for a 8.0 to 8.5 copy but a 9.0 just sold on CLINK for $50.

The #24 looks to be in the 9.0 to 9.2 range due to the large creases on BC. This copy just sold in 9.2 for $65.

If it were me...I would not send them in unless I planned on keeping them for a long time.

#23 isn't hiding any spine creases or any spine anything. The bottom spine is not a tear but a tiny chip that seems to exist on marvels for whatever reason.

#24 creases????????????????????????????????????????

If you look at the back cover of issue #24..right where the the top corner of the yellow add ends near the spine there is a considerable crease (the large indented line) that is a defect that will knock the books down considerably.

These may be the defects you were trying to describe in the general thread.

no that was for the asm 129, but you convinced me to actually pull the book back out and inspect so here is my report.

#23 - chip from bottom spine, no tears; top staple is kind of squiggly. there is a tiny color spot missing near the conan pic under the 20c price place. back cover is beautiful.

#24 893scratchchin-thumb.gif there is a tiny un-noticable until looked at a weird angle or on scans crease frown.gif probably because it's white it's not noticable. thanks for pointing that out.