• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neatstuffcollectables

35 posts in this topic

They're highly disorganized. He's the same guy who runs the Big Apple conventions. He sometimes has some good stuff at the shows. His father is a nice guy (if he's still alive, I haven't seen him around in a while). I don't think they're dishonest per se, just sloppy and hype those sorts of lots a bit much. They used to sell a lot of cheap stuff via 1 cent and 99 cent auctions under the theory that they could make money charging an additional $1.50 per book for shipping/handling. Truth be told, a lot of auctions on ok stuff ended at 1 cent, so I don't blame them for trying to make it up via shipping, but when you have someone winning 50 auctions at various prices and getting hit with a $75 shipping bill, that's a bit outrageous.

I bought a slab from them a while back and it got to me eventually. Packed fairly well. Actually, it was something that didn't hit reserve and I wound up getting free shipping in working out the deal, go figure.

They're highly disorganized. He's the same guy who runs the Big Apple conventions. He sometimes has some good stuff at the shows. His father is a nice guy (if he's still alive, I haven't seen him around in a while). I don't think they're dishonest per se, just sloppy and hype those sorts of lots a bit much. They used to sell a lot of cheap stuff via 1 cent and 99 cent auctions under the theory that they could make money charging an additional $1.50 per book for shipping/handling. Truth be told, a lot of auctions on ok stuff ended at 1 cent, so I don't blame them for trying to make it up via shipping, but when you have someone winning 50 auctions at various prices and getting hit with a $75 shipping bill, that's a bit outrageous.

That was my experience with them.

Won about 25 books ranging from the opening penny to about $10, ended up with almost $30 shipping charge (not a surprise -- it was clearly stated in the ebay listing), got the books without much delay. Some of the non-penny books were so grossly overgraded that I ended up with a $15 refund, covering some of the crazy shipping charge. They were very reasonable about the refund.

Overall, I'd have to say that it wasn't worth the bother.

Jack

I only encountered them a couple of times a few years back at the Motor City show. I was not impressed with the grading/pricing. And I was turned off by the way they carried themselves. Now, he could be a nice guy, but the owner, Mike, seemed way too self-important and acted very funny. I've just never had a good vibe around them so I stay away. Since I've never bought from them, I can't add anything concerning actually doing business with them.

I bought a couple of Silver Age Superman's from them a couple of years ago.

One was restored,with pieces added color touch ect and the other had a tear in the rear cover that was not disclosed. I complained and they did respond and give me a partial refund but have not bought from them again.

They are a seller to be wary of.

I have bought several big lots from them. I have been happy with the quality of the books and the shipping time especially since I am in Canada. They overcharged on shipping (which I addressed to them) both times. They are reliable especially if you need something they have expect the grading to be slightly off nad to overpay on shipping. I also found they have great communication. I emailed them with several questions and received prompt replies.

I haven't dealt with them in ages...I know that they came here on the boards at a time when grading and customer service practices were being questioned. For the older members of the boards, this seller's practices are already known. Several threads of potential interest:

NEATSTUFFCOLLECTABLES is the worst seller on eBay!!!

RIP neatstuffcolectibles

My experience with them were for 2 or 3 bronze books graded as NM/MT that actually graded by CGC at 9.0. Another learning experience for me.

My experience with them were for 2 or 3 bronze books graded as NM/MT that actually graded by CGC at 9.0. Another learning experience for me.

893whatthe.gifThat actually sounds like a good experience to me!893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gifThat actually sounds like a good experience to me!893whatthe.gif

I won some stuff from them about a year ago on a few different auctions. I had no problems as far as shipping. As a matter of fact they were pretty quick.

They sent me a bunch of supposed NM Ghost Riders to the UK. In the unlikely event that they were NM when they were sent, they certainly weren't when they had been sliding round loose in a big box all the way here. 893naughty-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif says I