• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen this before in a slabbed comic?

15 posts in this topic

I just got a couple of USM's back from CGC today and have the strangest thing. There looks to be a piece of paper sticking out of them. I am not sure how it got there but it is very obvious on one and visible on the other. Anybody have this happen before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I emailed CGC and tried to post in the Ask CGC place but it didn't go up...

MVC-152S.JPG

Any info would be appreciated...

OK. It's all fixed. The highly technical tapping worked fine. But to answer the two above questions: yes, it did bug me and it was only a 9.4. maybe i was more bothered by the grade than the paper but the paper had me going there for a while. do they put the paper in all books?

Do they put the paper in all books?

CGC inserts two pieces of this microchamber paper into each book it grades. One piece between the front cover and the interior pages and one piece between the back cover and the interior pages.

This special paper absorbs harmful chemicals, etc. that are given off by the book as it ages and helps to protect it for long term storage. This microchamber paper is also one of the main reasons that CGC recommends getting your books re-holdered every 7 years.......so they can replace the used microchamber paper with fresh ones.

Do a forum search on the word "microchamber", and there are several threads that discuss it.

The highly technical tapping worked fine

Credit where credit is due...speedjunkies aka:rickdogg had come up with this solution several months ago... boo.gif

Genius. Pure genius. Thanks again to all...

I just got a couple of USM's back from CGC today and have the strangest thing. There looks to be a piece of paper sticking out of them. I am not sure how it got there but it is very obvious on one and visible on the other. Anybody have this happen before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I emailed CGC and tried to post in the Ask CGC place but it didn't go up...

MVC-152S.JPG

Any info would be appreciated...

Bad trimming on this one... You're lucky, you got a blue universal label tongue.gif

The highly technical tapping worked fine

Credit where credit is due...speedjunkies aka:rickdogg had come up with this solution several months ago... boo.gif

So, how much damage could you do to a book in a holder if you shook it vigorously?

You'd probably need a nice dark cover like FF #112 or Sub-Mariner #8 to really see... insane.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan