• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here read the Beau Peep comic strips?

7 posts in this topic

No not that Beau Peep tongue.gif

It's written by Roger Kettle and Andrew Christine and has had me in tears over the last few days. The stupidity of Dennis, the utter Wylie Coyoteness of the Nomad and the Beau himself, everything about this cracks me up. I'm hoping if some of you here haven't read it you'll pick up an annual second hand or something and give it a try cloud9.gif

My scanners on the blink (Actually it's lost in the jungle of my bedroom) so i could only get some strips off the net to show you shy.gif

Beau_Peep-Beau_and_Dennis_strip.gifBeau_Peep-Beau_and_Doctor_strip.gifNomadsnowman.gif

Methinks this has something to do with British Humor. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Methinks it has more to do with Kilty's rather unique taste in cheesy, derivative comic strips that appear in trashy British tabloids. Sorry Lewis, but that strip was fifth-rate. sumo.gif

893whatthe.gif

Lies! Well, i enjoyed it sorry.gif

If you enjoy it then that's cool (I ain't no arbiter of these things). hi.gif

Let's face it, humourous British newspaper comic strips were rarely as good as their U.S. counterparts, as well as being far too parochial. The exceptions would be Andy Capp, and possibly Flook by Trogg (but that was clever rather than funny) and Bristow. And I suspect that you've never heard of the latter two strips, as they've long since departed....

Meanwhile the U.S. and Canada have had Peanuts, Beetle Bailey (Beau Peep is a bit of a rip-off of this strip), B.C., Wizard Of Id, Bloom County, Doonesbury, Calvin And Hobbes, The Far Side etc. all of which are top-draw and have been imported over 'ere.