• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Repeat Viewings of Comic Book Related Films!

37 posts in this topic

I loved the original Batman movie with Adam West. That part on the dock when he has that huge bomb and he's trying to get rid of it...

batbomb.gifthumbsup2.gif

"There's somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

I thought the scene where Batman is on the rope ladder hanging from the helicopter, dips down into the ocean and comes out with a shark on his leg was hilarious. He actually asks Robin to pass the shark repellent, sprays it and it falls off. How much better can it get. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

batshark8lm.gif

27_laughing.gif

The ONLY modern (post 1990) super-hero movie I detest is Superman Returns. mad.gif

ALL the others I can watch again anytime (Yes - even the Hulk). tongue.gif

Havent seen superman returns yet. That bad huh?

I liked Spider-man 1, didn't care much for 2.

Really enjoyed X1 and 2, detested X3.

Saw the Hulk once and found it very boring.

Daredevil and Elektra - didn't like either.

FF... watched about 10 minutes and shut it off...couldn't take the bad acting.

Batman Begins... was ok, but a little repetitive... seriously, count how many times they say the word "fear". Christian Bale is a cutie though tongue.gif

Batman1 and 2 were great, Keaton was my favorite batman. Batman 3 and 4 were unwatchable.

Punisher was ok.

I liked V for Vendetta a lot, except for the different ending, but it was still beautifully made.

Superman, Batman(1989), Sin City are all very rewatchable.

Can someone here tell me why Daredevil is so disliked? I liked it better than most of the Marvel movies. Is it because of Ben Affleck's portrayal? The storyline? Acting? I have never read any Daredevil comics so maybe I'm missing something...

Can someone here tell me why Daredevil is so disliked?

Basically it was due to the terrible acting, the horrid directing, the laughable "gimp" costume, and insipid screenplay, the moronic soundtrack, and the ADD-editing, and the amateur cinematography.

This and FF are the most embarassing POS superhero movies ever made, right up there with Nick Fury and Captain America.

Spider-man 2: DIdn't like it in the theatre but over time have learned to truely hate it.

Seriously? I thought I was the only one.

I know several people who didn't like that film. In a past issue of Wizard, I remember Alex Ross saying he didn't really like it either. Stephen King wrote an entire article about why the movie was bad.

I know several people who didn't like that film. In a past issue of Wizard, I remember Alex Ross saying he didn't really like it either. Stephen King wrote an entire article about why the movie was bad.

I remember coming on here and stating my disappointment with the movie - and being absolutely hammered by the board faithful.

Now I realize that the fanboy quotient is pretty high on here, but it was pretty ugly.

conan the barbarian was the only comic adaption that i can think of where they got everything right. i dislike almost all comic book movies because they always do something stupid ike make spidey's web shoot straight out of his wrists instead of web shooters. That kind of stuff really bothers me.I really thought the spidey movies should have been set in the sixties as well. The modern setting just didn't work for me. Well at least it would be a good place to start the spider-man begins series! I did enjoy batman begins somewhat!

X men Movies: I can watch these movies a 1000 times and still not get enough especially X men #3.

Batman Begins: Just as good as the first time.

The Punisher: I only like the last 1 minute of the movie when he is on the bridge.

Superman Returns: Horrible!! NEVER AGAIN

Spider-Man: No problems watching it again.

Spider-man 2: Good for only certain scenes. Hard time watching it again.

Daredevil: I like the movie but after the third time in was painful to watch

Fantastic Four: *spoon*!!

Elektra: No problems watching it again!

Hulk: *spoon*!!!

Sin City: Hard to watch a second time but still good enough to watch a third time.

Hellboy: I love watching this movie. It's different.

It's funny that more people aren't mentioning Blade, which I feel has the best opening sequence of any superhero movie.

A near-pefect way of introducing the character and telling you his place and standing in the world, all without a single word from him.

The ONLY modern (post 1990) super-hero movie I detest is Superman Returns. mad.gif

ALL the others I can watch again anytime (Yes - even the Hulk). tongue.gif

Havent seen superman returns yet. That bad huh?

Well - the production itself wasn't horrible, but Kate Bosworth just didn't fit as Lois and while Routh did an okay job with Superman - they took WAY too much freakin' liberty with the storyline. mad.gif

I really like Kevin Spacey too and his Lex was just so-so. For being the flagship character of DC Comics they could have done a much better job.

It's funny that more people aren't mentioning Blade, which I feel has the best opening sequence of any superhero movie.

A near-pefect way of introducing the character and telling you his place and standing in the world, all without a single word from him.

I like the Blade movies (2 was kind of bland). One is obviously the best. Three they started to run out of ideas, but because I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds sarcastic acting style it saved it for me. wink.gif