• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraudulent Ebay Auction - The Amazing Fantasy #1-15 (1961-1962) CGC Collection

21 posts in this topic

I didn't see this posted yet but I have been notified that:

This one by seller "themuseis2"

The Amazing Fantasy #1-15 (1961-1962) CGC Collection

is a mirror copy of the legitimate one by "vigilantecomics"

Amazing Fantasy #1-15 (1961-1962) CGC Collection - RARE

I thought that was odd! I looked at both auctions vigilantes first and then I saw the other one and thought didnt this guy have alot of feedback when I first looked at it.

This guy is truly insane though putting it up at the same time.

In this kinds of situations if someone bites and sends the money in... will he be refunded by eBay? Any kind of criminal charges filed? Tracking the person down etc. I remember last year around Christmas time some guy ripped off in excess of 100 people for ipods and disappearing, I never heard about it again. Perhaps the $100ish he charged was too low for anything, which is not the case here.

Alex at vigilante is a solid guy though. I will vouch for him. I was going to buy that Amazing Adventures #1 as an ungraded book from Bob Storms about 2 years ago and we both agreed that the grade was in the vf/nm range. I think CGC gave it an 8.0 because of a light transfer stain on the back cover. What a gorgeous book that was.

I'm amazed people are still bidding on it, despite one of the bidders backing out with the clear explanation of a scam auction.

Oh well, guess people like losing money.

the scammer even forgot to remove Vigilante's name from his auction description..... foreheadslap.gif

I'm amazed people are still bidding on it, despite one of the bidders backing out with the clear explanation of a scam auction.

Oh well, guess people like losing money.

the scammer even forgot to remove Vigilante's name from his auction description..... foreheadslap.gif

blush.gifforeheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif

I tried to contact the high bidder of the fraud auction (jackieshultz) but eBay won't let me. It gave me the standard eBay "you are not involved in a transaction with this person" message.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I was able to contact them and let them know.

How stupid are people. Come on bidding $5100.00 on a guy with two, no make that ONE feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!! screwy.gif

I agree that REALLY, REALLY makes you wonder about people - is that just blind trust, stupidity, naivete, thrill bidding with no intention of paying? What? I honestly do not understand it..... confused-smiley-013.gif

This guy had tons of scam auctions. I bid on a PS3 from him but did not win. He sent me a secondchance offer but I did not take it after I saw his auction history. There are at least 4 shill accounts he uses to bid on his fake auctions.

I got this fronm E-bay today about this auction.....

Dear eBay Member,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to Image and Text Theft.

I reviewed your information about the possibility of image and text

theft. At this time, I didn't find sufficient evidence to show that the

member has violated any eBay policies.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif