• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is going on now???

4 posts in this topic

I am beginning to get a little perturbed over Heritage comics. I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me what is happening here. Since Heritage is having their auction on Ebay, shouldn't the "end time" for the auctions be at the same time???

Here is Ebay. Their auctions end at 10:00 PM tomorrow night:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28266&item=2181943977

And Heritage. Their auctions end tonight at 11:00 PM Eastern:

http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=807&Lot_No=6649&sid=1D801878D5C44C6E8650F8DC1C87622D

Umm, how is this possible??? 893frustrated.gif

They always end their online bidding on HeritageComics.com at 11:00 PM the night before the floor auction. If you read it at Heritage it says "Internet Bidding Ends," it doesn't say anything about the auction ending. The book won't sell until it goes under the gavel in San Diego. With eBay I think you can place a proxy bid right up to the start of the floor auction and if you sign up, you can bid on-line during the auction. Of course, you do have to pay an extra 5% BP for the privilege.

They always end their online bidding on HeritageComics.com at 11:00 PM the night before the floor auction. If you read it at Heritage it says "Internet Bidding Ends," it doesn't say anything about the auction ending. The book won't sell until it goes under the gavel in San Diego. With eBay I think you can place a proxy bid right up to the start of the floor auction and if you sign up, you can bid on-line during the auction. Of course, you do have to pay an extra 5% BP for the privilege.

Ughhh!!!! I mean, thank you for that explanation. I'll never understand Heritage... confused.gif

I think you just need to ignore the eBay aspect. Other than that added complication it's really pretty straightforward. To my mind, it's not at all confusing if you just deal with Heritage through Heritage. It makes no sense to deal with Heritage through eBay and pay an additional 5% for the added layer. I've won dozens of lots from Heritage and I've never once bid through eBay. The only time I even look is when the auctions are running and I can watch lots going through eBay live.