• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else having overload right now?

12 posts in this topic

I am sort of in a daze right now with all the stuff that is coming to the market in such a short time.

1. CLINK auction right now (actually not anything really interesting to me, but others should be pretty excited)

2. CLINK auction this month, both comics and art look interesting

3. Heritage auction, both comics and artwork look interesting

4. Hakes, a few things here

5. Some stuff on Ebay

6. Wondercon very soon ...

Need to decide if I am going after anything or just wait for Wondercon.

I am sort of in a daze right now with all the stuff that is coming to the market in such a short time.

1. CLINK auction right now (actually not anything really interesting to me, but others should be pretty excited)

5. Some stuff on Ebay

I am always in a state of overload...

Competition is good - buyers become more selective and at least in my case, I tend to narrow things down to the sellers who have my trust the most.

I'd like to make Wondercon, but with Wizard L.A. coming up shortly in March...

STEVE

Competition is good - buyers become more selective and at least in my case, I tend to narrow things down to the sellers who have my trust the most.

I'd like to make Wondercon, but with Wizard L.A. coming up shortly in March...

STEVE

do you think there are more silver/golden age dealers in wondercon than WW LA? I went to WW LA last year and saw some notable dealers like Bob and Vince but you can finish the show in a day. I wonder if Wondercon is bigger? I know San Diego is the biggest, i just need to find time to go there one of this days.

5. Some stuff on Ebay

My eyes are always bigger than my wallet ... I totally binged this weekend, so I am only a spectator for the next little while until I get the books paid off!!

I got a few great deals off of ebay during the last reduced fee listing day. Looks like it was a bad time to list in a "No Reserve, low opening bid" type format as most buyers seemed to be on "overload" and I scored a few nice deals. Most buyers were either stretched thin, still dealing with the holidays, or just overwhelmed/indifferent to all the expensive BIN stuff, so they didn't go through the regular auctions more carefully.

But yes, there is a LOT of material out there right now. In the first 9-10 weeks of the year, the market will have:

- Three major national shows (Wondercon, Megacon, & the National)

- A Comiclink Focused auction with 600 items.

- An impressive Comiclink GA/SA auction.

- A Heritage Signature auction.

- All the weekly Heritage auctions.

- The Hakes auction.

- A reduced fee listing day on ebay that kicked off the new year.

Did I miss anything? Lots of stuff to chase...not enough dollars for it all in my opinion, so bargains will be had.

do you think there are more silver/golden age dealers in wondercon than WW LA? I went to WW LA last year and saw some notable dealers like Bob and Vince but you can finish the show in a day. I wonder if Wondercon is bigger? I know San Diego is the biggest, i just need to find time to go there one of this days.

The few times that I attended WonderCon I had good luck and a great time.

Wizard L.A. is only several years old and I'd hope that they are growing (I agree with you, last year was a 'one day's worth' show). More dealers and more collectors attending = more interest.

Time is indeed the factor...

STEVE

5. Some stuff on Ebay

Based on your recent post of your acquisitions, I vote this the #1 understatement of the year!

Actually there is a book that has been on my want list for many years that is for sale/auction that I am hoping to snag.

5. Some stuff on Ebay

Based on your recent post of your acquisitions, I vote this the #1 understatement of the year!

That is why I am overloading! insane.gif

5. Some stuff on Ebay

Bill, you ARE my hero, any interest in adopting a 42 year old man?

5. Some stuff on Ebay

Bill, you ARE my hero, any interest in adopting a 42 year old man?

That depends on your earning potential.... poke2.gif

I have an expensive enough hobby to feed on my own! grin.gif

There's so much happening right now it's hard to keep it all straight. I have major "want" items in Heritage's Sig auction, the Hake's auction, and the upcoming CLink GA/SA auction. There's also the Phoenix Con that is coming at the end of the month and at least one dealer is bringing stuff for me to look at.

I think that the remainder of the first half of 2007 may be forced to be quiet for me foreheadslap.gif