• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Green Lantern 76

10 posts in this topic

Agree, very nice 6.0 with a shot at 6.5. I think the color rub next to the spine wear might suggest a lower grade at first glance (especially in a scan, where we can't see the gloss, freshness etc)...but too many positives to drop it any further.

Agree, very nice 6.0 with a shot at 6.5. I think the color rub next to the spine wear might suggest a lower grade at first glance (especially in a scan, where we can't see the gloss, freshness etc)...but too many positives to drop it any further.

Yes, the scan does appear to punish this more than it deserves (of course I’d say that). The copy is very glossy and sharp in person. It is one of many comics I bought directly from drugstores in my area as a youth.

I just recently joined the Collectors Society and have been culling copies, trying to evaluate which comics from my early days of collecting that I would slab. This is one that didn’t make the cut but is still a favorite.

Tonight, a lovely Amazing Spiderman 122 that also didn’t make the cut.

Thanks to all for your comments thus far.

Dead on assessment.

Dead on assessment.

I'd lean to the 6.5 and for what its worth, I had a TOS 57 graded 6.5 here that had the same type of wear.