• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Action Comics only thread pre issue 30

149 posts in this topic

Here I will start the post with some of my early action comics superman covers only .

Ashcan/comics 1577326-actioncomics.jpg

Not the best shape but at least I have them to enjoy, most low grade some with resto . Oh well, maybe oneday I can upgrade. Probably not man they are getting expensive.

anybody on these boards that can start to help me fill in the non superman cover actions, willing to part with them pm me.

ashcan/comics

great looking book is it really that clean what is interior page quality like , this is the best book ,My favourite scarcer than action 1 is that the turtle back cover ad discussed in other forms. great book none the less.

ashcan/comics

hello all...

I believe filter81 and I confirmed that the copy I aquired, had the correct back cover...it had off white pages, if I remember ( traded it away some 6 months ago)...as much as I want to revist actions, kind of the ole "been there, done that" and there are just too many books out there I have never had the pleasure of owning, that outside of an action 1, I have no plans to persue that run again...however, there are a bunch of fox's, centaurs, timely's ,etc, that I will be persuing!

rick

hello all...

ashcan...do you have a complete copy of action 1?....your picture makes it appear you have your 6page story copy, and a complete one?...just curious, as that is the only other "big" book I plan on getting this year (if I can find one I can afford)..

rick

no that book is a mock up of the entire book done on old cover stock and newsprint paper for interior there is no chance of someone passing this off as the real deal i made sure, backcover is black and white and entire interior pages are black and white on newsprint, pages are cream /to tan as info.

ashcan/comics

until i find an inexpensive copy of the grail

no that book is a mock up of the entire book done on old cover stock and newsprint paper for interior there is no chance of someone passing this off as the real deal i made sure, backcover is black and white and entire interior pages are black and white on newsprint, pages are cream /to tan as info.

ashcan/comics

until i find an inexpensive copy of the grail

hello all..

still, a nice touch...my old gd/vg copy is floating out there somewhere...wish I had that baby back!

rick

Sold these to another board member last year. Can't find what I did with the scans for issues #8 & #9.

Action1Front_001.jpg

Action2picsmaller.jpg

Action7picsmaller.jpg

Action10picsmaller.jpg

hello all...

what a great "memory" lane it was for me when I saw the 1-10 in SD this past year....beautiful run adam and his wife had there, in their booth...

can't wait for 2007!

rick

WOW! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Great books guys! All of you that have posted so far, THANKS! I might have to start collecting Actions again gossip.gif

foreheadslap.gif Ok, time to start collecting a different title. Seeing your track record lately (Tec 30,31,34,35 ... etc), what chance do the little Action collectors like me have? sorry.giftongue.gif

WOW! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Great books guys! All of you that have posted so far, THANKS! I might have to start collecting Actions again gossip.gif

foreheadslap.gif Ok, time to start collecting a different title. Seeing your track record lately (Tec 30,31,34,35 ... etc), what chance do the little Action collectors like me have? sorry.giftongue.gif

At least I haven't started on Actions lately! grin.gif

I appreciate your kind words though about my books Durden. I just love these Tecs and it is nice to begin reacquiring them as a collector this time, and not a dealer. cloud9.gif

wow Bluechip, great story, and book,.. Action #7 is a tough one to get,.. here's my one and only issue under #30,

ActionComics23slabbed1.jpg

Wow. That's only a 2.0??

yeah, it's got a major spine split,.. from the bottom all the way up to just below the top staple, the cover is firmly attached to the top staple though, other than that defect, it's pretty solid,.. shiny staples, no tape, nice pages, and the price was within my reach. cloud9.gif

Jesus H. stagedoor ! 893whatthe.gif very nice books !!, and yes I also believe that to be Lois on the cover of #27, however, if they should decide that her first cover app. is on #23, well then that would suit me fine as well. tongue.gif

wow Bluechip, great story, and book,.. Action #7 is a tough one to get,.. here's my one and only issue under #30,

ActionComics23slabbed1.jpg

Wow. That's only a 2.0??

yeah, it's got a major spine split,.. from the bottom all the way up to just below the top staple, the cover is firmly attached to the top staple though, other than that defect, it's pretty solid,.. shiny staples, no tape, nice pages, and the price was within my reach. cloud9.gif

Its great when a books damage is not on the cover.It makes for a very eye catching 2.0.