• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Action Comics only thread pre issue 30

149 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever responded to something in the WTB section? Me thinks not.

S

It has been my experience that if you are the buyer a few people will make you offers. The thread should read WTB@1/2LGPA (want to buy at 1/2 the price of the latest GPA) because the few times I have actually had a book to offer someone that is the kind of response I got

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Does this book qualify as an early Action? Never seen an Action #2 this nice so it may be a reprint.

S

ACTION2a.jpg

Great book, Stephen. Outside of the pre-Batman Detectives, that is a book that is maybe highest on my priority list. 893applaud-thumb.gif

really? Its pretty pricy, so why not go for a "key"?, At today's values, I cant see getting a HG #2 unless you are doing HG 1 thru 10 etc or something. We all know #1 is going thru the roof in all grades, but seems to me the next target would be a different #1 or first appearance, not a #2.

How come this is at the top of your priority list? Just asking, no agenda here.

really? Its pretty pricy, so why not go for a "key"?, At today's values, I cant see getting a HG #2 unless you are doing HG 1 thru 10 etc or something. We all know #1 is going thru the roof in all grades, but seems to me the next target would be a different #1 or first appearance, not a #2.

How come this is at the top of your priority list? Just asking, no agenda here.

I don't mind you asking.

For me, it's the cover. The fact that it's the second appearance of Superman doesn't hurt (not a mega-key like Action #1, but still a key in my opinion), but I'm not a huge Superman fan so that isn't what I like about the book. Action #2 is one of my favorite covers of all time, as in top 3 or 4.

And as pricey as Action #2 would be, Action #1 or Detective #27 are so expensive in any collectible grade that it'll be years before I can buy them. I am not that patient with my collecting. 27_laughing.gif