• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East-Coast vs West Coast vs Europe

5 posts in this topic

I tend to plan my auctions to close so that the west-coast people are just getting home from work but this has the east-coast people up late. And don't get me started on making sure the overseas people get a shot at the auction. I know that a lot of people (including myself) snipe but this tends to happen on lots or high grade items and not my usual mid grade single comics.

What is the overall opinion on major collector locations. Is east where its at or is west the best? I get some high prices from overseas bidders - so that could be where the stronghold of collecting is at!!

Any opinions??

I tend to plan my auctions to close so that the west-coast people are just getting home from work but this has the east-coast people up late. And don't get me started on making sure the overseas people get a shot at the auction. I know that a lot of people (including myself) snipe but this tends to happen on lots or high grade items and not my usual mid grade single comics.

What is the overall opinion on major collector locations. Is east where its at or is west the best? I get some high prices from overseas bidders - so that could be where the stronghold of collecting is at!!

Any opinions??

With the current state of the dollar, you certainly want to make your auctions Euro-friendly. There is a large market to be tapped over here, so you might want to consider something around the 4.00-7.00 EST mark (9.00pm to midnight GMT) if you want to appeal. thumbsup2.gif