• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA in Atlanta GA?

4 posts in this topic

I'm being forced to fly to Atlanta on Superbowl sunday for work. I'm not thrilled. But since I have to be there I thought I might be able to track down a decent LCS or two that have some GA. I haven't been to a LCS in a good 17 years that actually had stuff older than late SA. Could be that I live in AZ and we don't have good shops around here.... so.... Anyone here know of any in Atlanta 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm being forced to fly to Atlanta on Superbowl sunday for work. I'm not thrilled. But since I have to be there I thought I might be able to track down a decent LCS or two that have some GA. I haven't been to a LCS in a good 17 years that actually had stuff older than late SA. Could be that I live in AZ and we don't have good shops around here.... so.... Anyone here know of any in Atlanta 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I had a friend of mine in Atlanta take me around to several different shops (he's a comic artist). None of them had any GA and in fact only one had a decent back issue selection at all. I don't remember the name though. confused-smiley-013.gif

The LCS's in my town are a joke. I went in one a few months ago and asked the fat hairy kid at the desk something like, "I don't suppose you have any Golden Age books at all, do you?" (it was really almost a rhetorical question) He gives me a puzzled and annoyed look and says, "all of our back issues are over there." and motions with his thumb to a couple of beat up long boxes in the corner, half buried under anime dvds and Warhammer figurines, and of course full of quarter bin quality copper age stuff. frustrated.gif