• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Check out this song by Chris Daughtry! It's awesome!

25 posts in this topic

I was a Catherine and Kelly fan myself... cloud9.gif

I became more of a Kelly fan after she was off the show, when she started doing guest spots on Jay Leno. I don't know how her new album is doing, but she definitely has a career in television. She is hilarious, and obviously much smarter than she made herself out to be on the show.

#1: That song you like so much was co-written by fellow Idol contestant Ace Young. You know, the mediocre guy to whom your boy Chris is supposedly so superior.

#2: Taylor Hicks has been writing his own songs since he was a teenager, and had two CDs of all original material (except for a cover of Ray Charles/Hoagie Charmichael's "Georgia" on the first one) that predate Idol. He has three of his original songs on his new, post-Idol CD.

It's cool that you like Chris, but you don't have to denigrate the others to enjoy Chris' song. Just enjoy the song.

What are you in some alternate universe?

I said I liked the song that's all.

I made no mention of anyone else. makepoint.gif

I think you need to go re-read your post that I was responding to! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I dont care what deal he got. The guy writes his own songs. That puts him way above everyone else.

The guy has real talent.

Where does it say he co-wrote it? I have only seen that he wrote it.

I think his song is great. Whatever happened to Taylor Stinks? stooges.gif

I was a Catherine and Kelly fan myself... cloud9.gif

I became more of a Kelly fan after she was off the show, when she started doing guest spots on Jay Leno. I don't know how her new album is doing, but she definitely has a career in television. She is hilarious, and obviously much smarter than she made herself out to be on the show.

she would be great in a sitcom, or a romantic comedy movie.

#1: That song you like so much was co-written by fellow Idol contestant Ace Young. You know, the mediocre guy to whom your boy Chris is supposedly so superior.

#2: Taylor Hicks has been writing his own songs since he was a teenager, and had two CDs of all original material (except for a cover of Ray Charles/Hoagie Charmichael's "Georgia" on the first one) that predate Idol. He has three of his original songs on his new, post-Idol CD.

It's cool that you like Chris, but you don't have to denigrate the others to enjoy Chris' song. Just enjoy the song.

What are you in some alternate universe?

I said I liked the song that's all.

I made no mention of anyone else. makepoint.gif

I think you need to go re-read your post that I was responding to! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I dont care what deal he got. The guy writes his own songs. That puts him way above everyone else.

The guy has real talent.

Where does it say he co-wrote it? I have only seen that he wrote it.

I think his song is great. Whatever happened to Taylor Stinks? stooges.gif

The album lists four co-writers for the song, including Chris and Ace (Brett) Young. Most of Chris' songs have co-writers. If you look at Taylor's album, he's go co-writers on his "non-original" songs too, and is listed as a co-writer.

Taylor is going on tour in February, playing only small venues like House of Blues and theaters. I saw him once in a small venue show with his old band and he is way better than what you saw on American Idol.

I've never watched American Idol, except briefly for the time when my fiancee kept mentioning that there is a great sounding "rock singer" in the bunch. Chris Daughtry sang circles around the rest of the bubble gum crowd that year, and his surprising exit only confirms the fact that the majority of the American public shouldn't be trusted with a vote...ANY kind of vote.

I completely agree. He sang circles around the rest of the contestants. I bought his cd and would NEVER buy any other idol contestants, that's for sure.

I agre too. 893applaud-thumb.gif