• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking at Detective Comics #1 in the French Quarter

25 posts in this topic

Tonight I met up with the comics legend ciorac in the French Quarter of New Orleans. We were drinking a beer having a good chat, and then he began unloading the bag he brought with him. Detective #1, 29, 30, 31, 34, 35, mile highs, green lantern #1, flash 1, jaw dropping book after book. All being admired in a bar/restuarant out in public. Needless to say, it was a high point and perfect close to my one month long vacation in New Orleans.

Bill is a one of a kind man, who has led a most interesting and varied life, and one of the most generous and friendly guys you'd ever want to talk to. My hat is off to you Bill, for driving out to see me, and bringing the most sought after books in the hobby to share with me on top of it all!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

You know those early tecs, held in your hand, are just INCREDIBLE! hail.gif

Now I try to sleep , as visions of Vin Sullivan & Fred Guardineer dance in my head...

Tonight I met up with the comics legend ciorac in the French Quarter of New Orleans. We were drinking a beer having a good chat, and then he began unloading the bag he brought with him. Detective #1, 29, 30, 31, 34, 35, mile highs, green lantern #1, flash 1, jaw dropping book after book.

Wow, Ciorac must be rich to have all those great books!.....I wonder how he made his fortune? ......oil tycoon, micro chips, world famous plastic surgeon.... popcorn.gif

Tonight I met up with the comics legend ciorac in the French Quarter of New Orleans. We were drinking a beer having a good chat, and then he began unloading the bag he brought with him. Detective #1, 29, 30, 31, 34, 35, mile highs, green lantern #1, flash 1, jaw dropping book after book.

Wow, Ciorac must be rich to have all those great books!.....I wonder who he made his fortune? ......oil tycoon, micro chips, world famous plastic surgeon.... popcorn.gif

Maybe he sold one of his kidneys to Billy Parker. confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, Ciorac must be rich to have all those great books!.....I wonder how he made his fortune? ......oil tycoon, micro chips, world famous plastic surgeon.... popcorn.gif

All of the above! Matt said I have lived a varied life...

Tonight I met up with the comics legend ciorac in the French Quarter of New Orleans. We were drinking a beer having a good chat, and then he began unloading the bag he brought with him. Detective #1, 29, 30, 31, 34, 35, mile highs, green lantern #1, flash 1, jaw dropping book after book. All being admired in a bar/restuarant out in public. Needless to say, it was a high point and perfect close to my one month long vacation in New Orleans.

Bill is a one of a kind man, who has led a most interesting and varied life, and one of the most generous and friendly guys you'd ever want to talk to. My hat is off to you Bill, for driving out to see me, and bringing the most sought after books in the hobby to share with me on top of it all!

Now I try to sleep , as visions of Vin Sullivan & Fred Guardineer dance in my head...

Matt, the pleasure was all mine! I really enjoyed meeting with you, your lovely girlfriend and her friend (with the bioluminescent eyes!)

I hope you enjoy the stack of party favors you took home wit you. grin.gif

We all know how talented Matt is, and I am here to tell you he is equally fun, interesting and witty to hang out with.

What also was interesting, is that not a sould seemed to notice us as we geeked out on the books!

Here's to seeing you in Chicago this year! thumbsup2.gif

The way you wrote it, it looked like you said bill owned the Mile Highs od Detective #1, 29, 30 ,31, 34 AND 35

Not really... the commas denote items in a list so the way he wrote it the mile highs are separate items from the tecs. I know you what you're saying though.

nice story! i have to admit i am jealous. all i looked at last night was this board, which is pretty lame of me in retrospect. i didn't even have any ladies with bioluminescent eyes with me

nice story! i have to admit i am jealous. all i looked at last night was this board, which is pretty lame of me in retrospect. i didn't even have any ladies with bioluminescent eyes with me

It was a great night Sal!

At 1st glance it looked that way. You can understand my excitment though to think that The Mile High Detective #1 is changing hands in the French Quarters of New Orleans over a brew.I guess my excitment made me overlook the comma.

The Mile High Detective #1 is only a VG/FN according to Chuck. poke2.gif

At 1st glance it looked that way. You can understand my excitment though to think that The Mile High Detective #1 is changing hands in the French Quarters of New Orleans over a brew.I guess my excitment made me overlook the comma.

Yes, apparently the Windy City Copy is rumored to be one of the nicest copies in existence. Even at that, it might not even make the VF grade category. Can't remember for sure, but wasn't there some speculation on the boards here that there just might be a possible 8.5 copy in existence just waiting to be slabbed. confused-smiley-013.gif

The Mile High Detective 1 is a VG/FINE.