• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FORBES can bite me

26 posts in this topic

One (probably last) question: Is the wily Romitaman really the person primarily responsible for the run-up in John Romita-ASM covers?

He doesn't hoard the covers, only the interior pages. gossip.gif

He might hot hoard them but he does purchase them (he was the buyer of #100 a while back), and either trades them for interior pages or flips them. So he has an impact on the ASM cover market as well.

But that contention is true of anyone who buys, sells or trades ASM covers....

Other than KK's uncorfirmed contention

I think you mean Matthew Ryan Riescher's unconfirmed contention.

Matthew Ryan Riescher?

That's KK's name. That or Matthew Riescher Ryan, depending on who you ask. AKA baby gravy, diver, et al.

And does anyone know this 'Matthew Riescher Ryan' in a personal capacity? How was he 'outed' . . . does he have a high-end collection, etc?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Last time round, KK was supposed to be Brad Savage. confused.gif

It showed up on the comicartfans newsgroup yesterday that this Mattew Ryan character was impersonating a real person named Brad Savage. Turns out the real Brad Savage isn't a racist, shallow, original art pimping hore (I know theres a W smile.gif ).

As for Romita Spidey covers being the gold standard of Silver Age art, why would anyone collect anything that Romita Sr. doesn't draw? smile.gif Just kidding. If I could afford to and had access to everything I wanted I'd only collect Romita and Ross Andru Spidey pieces.

Jim

It showed up on the comicartfans newsgroup yesterday that this Mattew Ryan character was impersonating a real person named Brad Savage. Turns out the real Brad Savage isn't a racist, shallow, original art pimping hore (I know theres a W smile.gif ).

Jim

Can you provide a link? Is this CAF forums or the Comicart-l?

I always confuse the two, it was comicart-l. I get them sent by email and have deleted most of them but I kept this one.

On 1/16/07 "Doc. V" writes:

>I've not been following this thread folks but I can say with absolute

certainty that Brad Savage is in fact just Brad Savage. He's also not the

"Brad" who has been tormenting this list for a long time. How did that

miscue ever come about?? <

The tormenting 'Brad' used the name and identity of the real Brad Savage to

cause mischief on this list. At times, he claimed to own some of the items

the real Brad had in his collection.

--Hans

Tri-State Original Art, Inc.