• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

lol Yeah, it's Doctor Watson's set. I love it when he gets in a mood every now and then and changes his set names but I don't remember him ever changing his Registry name before.

He obscured his set a while ago to discourage certain Board members (one in particular) who were looking up his books and then criticizing him on the Boards and via PM for paying too much. That display of poor manners spoiled it for the rest of us (tsk)

I liked looking at Doc's books because he pays a lot of attention to QP and PQ so his books are usually among the very nicest copies you will find.

Two new acquisitions, both of them are books I've chased for over 3 years. sLiver had both for me, and they were perfect!

Thanks again Mike!

:applause:

Great looking copies. The #108 looks to have very nice centering.

Yeah just as nice as the 108 9.8 you outbid me on last year :baiting:

:banana:

l

He obscured his set a while ago to discourage certain Board members (one in particular) who were looking up his books and then criticizing him on the Boards and via PM for paying too much. That display of poor manners spoiled it for the rest of us (tsk)

It was me, I can admit it!

I apoligized to him via PM, (worship)

sorry again to Doc Watson for me being a Newbie Butt Head, and anyone else who may has seen that thread.

:sorry:

VERY SORRY, I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FORM ALL YOU GUYS SINCE THEN, especially you Mr. W-Best Comics! (thumbs u

John

lol Yeah, it's Doctor Watson's set.

You don't know that absolutely for sure. :whistle:

Hey Doc.

I only noticed because I fell from spot 17 to spot 18.

I kept going up the list one by one to see who had jumped ahead of me and was shocked when I found it to be the number 1 slot.

I kept thinking to myself. "I know I'm not crazy, I really was at 17".

Great collection you must have and I would love to view it.

It was me, I can admit it!

I apoligized to him via PM, (worship)

sorry again to Doc Watson for me being a Newbie Butt Head, and anyone else who may has seen that thread.

:sorry:

VERY SORRY, I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FORM ALL YOU GUYS SINCE THEN, especially you Mr. W-Best Comics! (thumbs u

John

(thumbs u We all make mistakes. How you handle your mistakes is what separates people. You seem to have done well, John.

Doc is a good guy and I'm pretty sure that he'll eventually share his comics with us again.

Steve

On another topic my three books were "Received" today that I sent in with my coupon. I will let everyone know the turnaround time on their express service.

Now I'm quoting myself, I must be board.

Anyway my books have moved from "Received" to "Verified". :banana:

Just picked up another book tonight for another great deal. X-Men #138 in 9.6 :banana:

At the same time an X-Men 142 in 9.6 just sold for $152.00

Feels good since I paid less than half of that for mine.

Here is my latest baby. :applause:

X-Men138cgc96.jpg

Nice additions Arcade!

I just picked up a copy of 139 this week also.

:)

Nice pickup Edge. Congratulations. :applause:

I finally caught up with you in the rankings. But it appears that is all I will do as you continue to move with the speed of light up the list. :)

Just picked up another book tonight for another great deal. X-Men #138 in 9.6 :banana:

You outbid me on that by $1 last night. Congrats to you on the book! I did grab a few of that guy's 9.4's though.

New to the board, so hello to you all. Might as well start posting and stop trolling. :)

You outbid me on that by $1 last night. Congrats to you on the book! I did grab a few of that guy's 9.4's though.

New to the board, so hello to you all. Might as well start posting and stop trolling. :)

Welcome to the boards!! All x-men fans are welcome. :applause: