• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Just picked up another book tonight for another great deal. X-Men #138 in 9.6 :banana:

At the same time an X-Men 142 in 9.6 just sold for $152.00

Feels good since I paid less than half of that for mine.

Here is my latest baby. :applause:

You outbid me on that by $1 last night. Congrats to you on the book! I did grab a few of that guy's 9.4's though.

New to the board, so hello to you all. Might as well start posting and stop trolling. :)

Hey Doug. Glad to have you aboard.

Some of those 9.4's went for pretty good prices Congratulations. :applause:

Sorry about the $1 outbid last night. Funny thing is my maximum was the exact price it sold for. So if you had just bid that one extra buck it would have been yours.

That was really a close one.

Are most of those 9.4's you have now Ebay buys or did you send some of them into CGC yourself?

I only have one more batch to send in to CGC of my own personal books. The rest will have to be purchased.

Is this the run of books your read when they came out or did you just decide it was a great run of books to collect?

Again, welcome.

It's nice to have a new face in the crowd.

Sorry about the $1 outbid last night. Funny thing is my maximum was the exact price it sold for. So if you had just bid that one extra buck it would have been yours.

Are most of those 9.4's you have now Ebay buys or did you send some of them into CGC yourself?

I only have one more batch to send in to CGC of my own personal books. The rest will have to be purchased.

Is this the run of books your read when they came out or did you just decide it was a great run of books to collect?

Again, welcome.

I did get some steals on some of those 9.4's, so thanks! They'll do until I can upgrade them for sure.

It is funny that we were about $1 off on what we were willing to pay for that 9.6. I'm going to have to start figuring out my top dollar amount, add a dollar, and call it the Arcade factor. :)

Every single one of those you see in the run are Ebay books. I haven't had much luck in finding books for a decent price in the raw yet. But the search always continues. I'll be at the Motor City Con in Detroit, so it's my goal to grab a few raw books to help fill some slots in that run.

I stopped collecting for around a decade (ugh, I hate even typing that). I'll just chalk that one up to an epic brain fart. So I'm just getting back into this to be honest. When I stopped collecting, I decided to sell my collection to help pay for an education.

I chose this run because it was always my favorite run in the X-Men history. I've always been a HUGE X-Men mark. The first comic I ever purchased was Uncanny #211, and I still vividly remember it. The Colossus neck snapping at the end was just awesome.

But I'm now married with 1.5 kids and a mortgage, so I'll have to accrue books at a more leisurely pace than I would like!

And thanks for the welcome's!

Again, welcome.

I did get some steals on some of those 9.4's, so thanks! They'll do until I can upgrade them for sure.

It is funny that we were about $1 off on what we were willing to pay for that 9.6. I'm going to have to start figuring out my top dollar amount, add a dollar, and call it the Arcade factor. :)

Every single one of those you see in the run are Ebay books. I haven't had much luck in finding books for a decent price in the raw yet. But the search always continues. I'll be at the Motor City Con in Detroit, so it's my goal to grab a few raw books to help fill some slots in that run.

I stopped collecting for around a decade (ugh, I hate even typing that). I'll just chalk that one up to an epic brain fart. So I'm just getting back into this to be honest. When I stopped collecting, I decided to sell my collection to help pay for an education.

I chose this run because it was always my favorite run in the X-Men history. I've always been a HUGE X-Men mark. The first comic I ever purchased was Uncanny #211, and I still vividly remember it. The Colossus neck snapping at the end was just awesome.

But I'm now married with 1.5 kids and a mortgage, so I'll have to accrue books at a more leisurely pace than I would like!

And thanks for the welcome's!

That sounds just like most of us here. Though if your first purchase was #211 and my first X-Men book was closer to #111, I'm guessing I must be a bit older.

I have been out of the hobby for two decades so I have you beat there as well.

I just started collecting again last August when I discovered CGC.

That's what got me hooked again.

I have taken my books off obscure. I am getting ready to sell them, so if anyone is interested in one drop me a PM. Seven of them; 96, 97, 98, 104, 107, 120 & 132 are on hold.

Why the fire sale, Jim? You should at least wait until the registry awards come out and the set gets the award it so richly derserves. I wish I had more spending $$$, I'd be all over it. :(

I have taken my books off obscure. I am getting ready to sell them, so if anyone is interested in one drop me a PM. Seven of them; 96, 97, 98, 104, 107, 120 & 132 are on hold.
Quitter

Why the fire sale, Jim? You should at least wait until the registry awards come out and the set gets the award it so richly deserves. I wish I had more spending $$$, I'd be all over it. :(

Not a fire sale per se. I have decided that things that used to mean a lot or have top priority are not the things that should be in a top priority spot. Chunks of plastic being one of them. I don't intend to sound negative. I have just reprioritized a few things and registry awards are not one of them.

As a very good friend said, "light dawns on Marblehead."

Quitter

Look again, buddy. I finished it, unlike someone's Copper run. :baiting:

Quitter

The Elf just got PWNED :applause:

As a very good friend said, "light dawns on Marblehead."

We Florida Crackers have no idea what the Boston Brahmin cognizenti mean when they talk sub rosa like this. No idea (shrug)

Quitter

Picture.jpg

Quitter

Picture.jpg

I'm surprised you haven't tried to flip it on eBay.