• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Doc's 94-143 X-men run was one of the finest ever put together along with Pedigree's.

Here is another one of Doc's books that has moved into my run.

X-Men98CGC98OW.jpg

SWEET! (thumbs u

:gossip:

My run will being getting alot stronger in the next couple of weeks.

My set should really move up the chain quite well! :shy:

UNCLE!!!!!

I'm going to take a bit of a break for a moment. I'll be on the lookout for a great looking 141 & 142 9.8 w/ white pages though.

I got the grades for my latest subs back on-line today and with those new additions to the family I'm happy to say:

I have a complete run of UXM from 143-497 in 9.8! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I need a break. :insane:

How Am I supposed to find great bronze 9.8 if you keep taking them all? lol

Dre,

You don't know how true that statement is. Many books in the 94-143 run are surprisingly tough to find in uber-HG. And many of the 9.8 books aren't very "pretty" so if you want CGC 9.8 with OW+ PQ, superior QP & nice presentation, you have a challenge. (thumbs u

And if you want 9.9, you're too late :devil:

I still think that more 9.8 copies of the tough issues (94, 96-99, 107, 114-116 & 120) will show up in the census over time.

I have had a lot of help over the years from friends like Doc and Juan and Bruce so building a network is the key first step. These books tend to sell by private sale more often than not so if you wait for them to turn-up on eBay or consignment sites, you might be waiting a long time.

Danny used to tell me he was going to buy all my books when Robbie starts college but maybe you should be my back-up "college plan." lol

Another recent upgrade. I've been busy :busy:

X-Men104CGC98W.jpg

That looks like it was printed yesterday!! (worship)(worship)

THATs because he is priniting them!

Another recent upgrade. I've been busy :busy:

X-Men104CGC98W.jpg

That looks like it was printed yesterday!! (worship)(worship)

THATs because he is printing them!

:news::gossip: Wait until you see the next one :popcorn:

:popcorn:

OT: can u print me a couple 94's while your add it? :hi:

How Am I supposed to find great bronze 9.8 if you keep taking them all? lol

Dre,

You don't know how true that statement is. Many books in the 94-143 run are surprisingly tough to find in uber-HG. And many of the 9.8 books aren't very "pretty" so if you want CGC 9.8 with OW+ PQ, superior QP & nice presentation, you have a challenge. (thumbs u

And if you want 9.9, you're too late :devil:

Oh, I know how true that statement is. Why do you think I started picking up 9.6 books! lol

My girlfriend's been giving me a hard time about it too... She said, "Go for the 9.8 run, you won't be satisfied without it!" But I had to back off it since it'll drive me nuts. Better to go for the 120ish and up 9.8 run, with 9.6 and 9.8 below, then start hunting in pecking over the years to hopefully finish it at 9.8. But you pretty much got it on lockdown with all those 9.9.

I'll be happy with the straight I got going right now... I can't wait for my last 8 moderns to come back from CGC to finish my copper and modern day runs. And to think it only took me 4 months!!! :insane: