• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Gee, I wonder who won that 103 9.8 tonight on the 'Bay. ;)

well hopefully that auction kept the jackals off my x-men 9.6 auctions. :hi:

Yeah, the user ID is private on that auction... I guess we'll never know...

Oh, BTW, newest addition to my collection:

xmen103a.jpg

^^

Very Very Nice. (worship)(worship)

Wish I had the dough to throw at a book like that.

What happened to the "I'm gonna take a break" from a few post back?

That book ought to be worth some cool registry points.

I stumbled across the book while looking at all the 9.6s people were talking about on Ebay.The book had something like a $300 current bid with 2 hours left... Got me thinking maybe it would go low. There's only 8 in the census so I kept an eye on the auction. With only a a minute left it was still only at $355 so I came out "of my break". :D

I put a $925 bid in with 3 secs left and got it for $915 :o ... I was hoping to get it for even cheaper but I was holding onto that 10% Ebay coupon anyway. The book ended up costing me around $820.00 after coupon :acclaim:

According to GPA one sold for $1434 in December, and the last one sold for $1005.00 in April. Total history of sales on the book averages out to about $1050.00. So I think I got a steal at $820.00.

The Good News!

I just got this book back from: (click ebay link below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280235299886&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

Usually I understand when a book is a 9.6 and not a 9.8, but this one is so f-ing nice I am def cracking it and getting it resubbed to CGC, the books is easily a 9.8, I cant find one thing wrong with it! (def am going to call and get the graders notes) :o

The Bad News!

I also just got in the mail x-men 139 CGC 9.6.

umm ya iTs not even close to a 9.6.

It's not the seller fault, there is no evidence of SCS or tampering/cracking of the case. (shrug)

The book would be s solid 9.3 tweener (9.2/9.4), but not even close to a 9.6! (tsk)

1) Blunt corners (top/bottom)

2) stress lines around the staples

3)small coloring breaking crease bottom right corner

4) small color breaking dent top-middle of the book

5) small tear center-right of the over-hang cover

CGC f up really bad on this one! :tonofbricks:

BACK TO FEEBAY ON THIS ONE!

some really pretty ones coming in a bout a week, stay tuned! :gossip:

You've been busy, eh? :)

Ya, X-men 120,121, and 114 are coming soon! :devil: