• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Grade My Grail - Hulk 181

30 posts in this topic

I counted 10 ticks...is it in the mylar? If so rescan it out of the bag....easier to see everything

I haven't received the book yet so grade it based upon what you see. I had the same problem trying to figure out if it was a spine tick or the bag. Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Yeah the bag throws me off because it can make anything look good, & especially hides surface dings on the FC that you cant see unless it's out...anywhere from 7.5 to 8.5 depending (I'll just keep it as 8.0)...What did the seller state?

Seller's Comments:

INCREDIBLE HULK #181 VF++ you decide the grade

The cover and back are clean and glossy. The top left corner has a TINY fray. Top right is perfect. Bottom right is minute fray, but not noticible. Bottom left is VERY TINY fray. I have tried to count the stress marks on the spine numerous times. Each time I come up with between 8 and 10 tiny cracks. I hope the pictures do justice, because this is as close to near mint as I have seen. I see no flaws anywhere that I have not mentioned. If the pictures are not clear enough, e-mail me, and I will send you some more. These photographs were taken through a heavy protective sleve, and reflect a little of the flash.

The seller overgraded for sure...I can't tell if thats a surface mark or a reflection of the bag under Wolvie's arm (closest to the Hulk) plus there's other possible marks between Hulks legs (look at the mountain), could be just reflection...But judging from what I can tell 8.0....STILL a nice book...

...I can't tell if that's a surface mark or a reflection of the bag under Wolvie's arm (closest to the Hulk) plus there's other possible marks between Hulks legs (look at the mountain), could be just reflection...

Good eye! I asked the seller about some of those marks and he said it was the bag and not on the comic itself. yeahok.gif

I'm hoping for an 8.5 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think you'll get your 8.5. Maybe I'm overly in love with the book, but given what I'm seeing, I'm not sure you're out of the realm of 9.0 yet. There's the upper-left impact ding which might drag it down.

Am I being overzealous? This looks like a REALLY nice copy to me. (I'm assuming a couple things are the bag as it really does look like a reflection effect to me. Like under Wolvie's arm and Wendigo's right foot. 99% sure those are both bag as well as the bottom wear on the fc that isn't bottom wear, I don't think.)

Overall, hard to tell without the bag. But I think you can hope for an 8.5 very reasonably.

I think you'll get your 8.5. Maybe I'm overly in love with the book, but given what I'm seeing, I'm not sure you're out of the realm of 9.0 yet. There's the upper-left impact ding which might drag it down.

Am I being overzealous? This looks like a REALLY nice copy to me. (I'm assuming a couple things are the bag as it really does look like a reflection effect to me. Like under Wolvie's arm and Wendigo's right foot. 99% sure those are both bag as well as the bottom wear on the fc that isn't bottom wear, I don't think.)

Overall, hard to tell without the bag. But I think you can hope for an 8.5 very reasonably.

That's the only thing that's keeping me from an automatic 8.5...I assumed once when I bought a comic off a scan that a similar "reflection" was just the bag...I assumed wrong of course...It's a VERY NICE copy regardless!! Bottom line is...If you're happy, you made a good purchase!!

I think I'm going to start a "chick" rating system. Just to point to a girl and say "Very Fine" and have a friend turn and say "you kiddin' me? I mean, she's FINE, but those light creases around the eyes?" "But-- they don't break color." "That's because she's got slight color touch around the eyes." "Max Factor restoration strikes again! *sigh*"

This comment doesn't belong here. Sorry. lol

I think I'm going to start a "chick" rating system. Just to point to a girl and say "Very Fine" and have a friend turn and say "you kiddin' me? I mean, she's FINE, but those light creases around the eyes?" "But-- they don't break color." "That's because she's got slight color touch around the eyes." "Max Factor restoration strikes again! *sigh*"

This comment doesn't belong here. Sorry. lol

yep...it belongs in your blog. stooges.gif Jer, i think its a 7.5/8.0 book.

Hmmm I'm going to append my initial thinking and drop my guess to 8.0. That upper left corner is a pretty big ding. And we still don't know about the interior or back cover. It's going to be a great book regardless. Congratulations on that pickup!

Hmmm I'm going to append my initial thinking and drop my guess to 8.0. That upper left corner is a pretty big ding. And we still don't know about the interior or back cover. It's going to be a great book regardless. Congratulations on that pickup!

Yeah - there are a few more dings than I realized, too. Thanks for the grade.