• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman 227 - BACK SCAN ADDED :)

15 posts in this topic

This is not my book, but I'm looking at purchasing it. Unfortuntely, I don't have access to a back scan, so please offer grade opinions based on the assumption that the back has no major problems and it as nice as the front. Thanks flowerred.gif

227.jpg

From what I see ( 3 corner creases, spine stress, Bindery tear? )

I'm between a VF+ & VF/NM.

You might want to get a back scan.

The staples look very tight. This looks pretty nice.

I'm working on getting a back scan, so as soon as I can, I'll add it to this thread. Thanks for the opinion!

I'll say a strict 8.0 for the top corner creases, but it presents beautifully. Obviously pending a back cover scan.

Might just be my usual paranoia, but I'm looking at the bottom inch of the right edge and the way it seems to jut out a bit. I want that to just be the photo distortion, but the book otherwise looks very flat. What do you think?

I'll say a strict 8.0 for the top corner creases, but it presents beautifully. Obviously pending a back cover scan.

Might just be my usual paranoia, but I'm looking at the bottom inch of the right edge and the way it seems to jut out a bit. I want that to just be the photo distortion, but the book otherwise looks very flat. What do you think?

i think it's a bend that's being disguised by the photo. my eyes may be playing tricks on me but it looks like there's almost a full bend going all the way across the book, starting on the right where that bend begins and ending on the spine about a 1/4" inch up. but that could be the artwork.

notice how the URC kind of goes "off-plane" much in the same way the BRC does

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You may be right about the LRC having a bend. But I can't see the horizontal one you're suggesting... Well, maybe the back cover scan will clear this up.

if my hypothesis is correct - and i hope that part of it isn't - it would be a NCB and thus hard to see unless the book was photographed at an angle

By the way, I have higher quality large .jpegs that I can email someone if they wanted to view them that way.

Unfortunately, photobucket resizes the scans to a much smaller size...

I'd like to buy this book and eventually have it SS'd by Neal Adams cloud9.gif