• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC grade Our Army at War 83

23 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Tough one. It's a beautiful book, but I think you guys may be a touch high? Towards the LRC, looks like some light scuffs and rumples...not much color broken, but maybe some gloss. Plus the spine wear. I'm going to buck the trend and say 5.5, though it presents way better than that.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Tough one. It's a beautiful book, but I think you guys may be a touch high? Towards the LRC, looks like some light scuffs and rumples...not much color broken, but maybe some gloss. Plus the spine wear. I'm going to buck the trend and say 5.5, though it presents way better than that.

Wow. I would take a 5.5 like that every day and twice on Sunday.

Oh, agreed. I'm speculating that the NCB wear is a bit worse than is showing up in the scan, kinda like with my 4.0 ASM #20. We'll see... popcorn.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You could be right. The front does have some color breaking dings on the right edge, and the top edge is a little jacked up. Presents just beautifully though. I would love to have it in my collection.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Shows you what I know. Congrats on the book + the grade!

I honestly would have graded this book no better than 6.5. I would have given it a 6.0 unless something about the book impressed me. 7.0? A little loose I think. If I sold that book on the boards as a 7.0, I might have had some feedback about how it was a touch overgraded.

I was going to say 7.0!!!!! Really, but my wireless kacked out before the message sent.

Kag, that is a stunning book, and outside of pedigree land, that is about as nice a copy as you will find. I personally believe that it is at least TWICE as hard to get as Our Army at War #81, and anyway... it's the first REAL Sgt. Rock story. In CGC'd 7.0, I believe that is a $1000 book. It will surely surpass #81 sometime in the bext few years as collectors hunt it down.

Page Quality? cream/ow is perfectly acceptable on a book of this vintage.... just adds a mellow glow!

There are a lot of war collectors on these boards, which is great to see. As we all know, very, very few copies of this book ever surface. Let's raise the goblet of war comics and give this one all the props it deserves!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif