• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondering

10 posts in this topic

different #15s, the first #15 is actually the #1 of the series, but later on another #15 came along. Hope that makes sense. It's kind of the confusion sometimes Four Color books makes also.

GOD!! These crooked eBay sellers get my goat! I can understand someone voluntarily paying more than normal if it's a key issue they have really wanted for awhile & couldn't find one...But to purposely mislead someone is just low.

WARNING!!!! THE FOLLOWING IS ANOTHER EBAY sign-rantpost.gif I feel the same about "mystery lots" too. The seller KNOWS what's in them, make no mistake. They will post pics of all these pretty keys books, then auction off separate lots of 20 or so comics at a time, saying it's random. Trouble is, there's 200 lots for sale...another is to label the lot (ex. Amazing Spiderman 129 mystery lot), go on and on about how many quality comics are in the lot, blah blah blah...My fince recently tried to surprise me with the above mentioned lot. She wanted to get me ASM #129...When the package came, she discovered it was---guess what? A reprint!!! The ad stated all the comics in the pic (& more) were in the lot. The comic was shown in the pic, but conveniently covered up all the reprint indicators with other comics. Had the nerve to throw the free reprints (AF15, etc and the little comics that came with video games!!! What a jerk!! She has filed a dispute with eBay & paypal...Still pending a decision..

GOD!! These crooked eBay sellers get my goat! I can understand someone voluntarily paying more than normal if it's a key issue they have really wanted for awhile & couldn't find one...But to purposely mislead someone is just low.

WARNING!!!! THE FOLLOWING IS ANOTHER EBAY sign-rantpost.gif I feel the same about "mystery lots" too. The seller KNOWS what's in them, make no mistake. They will post pics of all these pretty keys books, then auction off separate lots of 20 or so comics at a time, saying it's random. Trouble is, there's 200 lots for sale...another is to label the lot (ex. Amazing Spiderman 129 mystery lot), go on and on about how many quality comics are in the lot, blah blah blah...My fince recently tried to surprise me with the above mentioned lot. She wanted to get me ASM #129...When the package came, she discovered it was---guess what? A reprint!!! The ad stated all the comics in the pic (& more) were in the lot. The comic was shown in the pic, but conveniently covered up all the reprint indicators with other comics. Had the nerve to throw the free reprints (AF15, etc and the little comics that came with video games!!! What a jerk!! She has filed a dispute with eBay & paypal...Still pending a decision..

Yep, I buy lots of random boxes through ebay as long as they aren't shown to be anything different. I usually cherry pick the ones I need/want and read the intresting looking ones and seperate rest into lots of my own and try to sell the rest. But I know since I list each title they'll be skipped over by most in favor of mystry lots of the same books but more expensive. I've yet to try the "You might get a X-men #1 for 10 bucks" listings.